Lucky's Steps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lucky's Steps

I copied these from my other favorite site The Effectiveness of the Twelve-Step Treatment

1. I admit that drinking has gotten to be a real drag, and I am suffering so much that it isn't any fun any more.

2. I quit, and I'm staying quit forever. I commit myself to health.

3. Some of my friends may help me occasionally, but I'm mainly going to count on myself.

4. Whenever I am tempted to relapse, I will think about step one again, and remember why I quit in the first place. I will also remember what happened the last time I relapsed.

Lucky's Steps

5. I am accountable for my own actions. I can not blame anyone or anything-no matter what the situation. I am the one who chooses to or not to pick up that next drink.
    :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Lucky's Steps

Everyone has to make up their own steps. I like Lucky's, as well as Breez's addition, they provide a good guideline, but they are not mine... isn't that wonderful? WE DECIDE FOR OURSELVES! Hey, what a concept, we can think for ourselves.
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Lucky's Steps

I like them and will check out the website.
        "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Lucky's Steps

love em lucky!
          "From now on, walking is my beer and feeling good is my hangover" .....Homer Simpson

Comment

Lucky's Steps

Lucky,
            Your steps are very powerful.
            I love that you can replace the word 'drinking' with just about any characteristic that one does not like about themselves and these steps will still work.
            Thanks for sharing this.
            Dx
            * * I love Determinator * *

Comment

Working...
            X