Christmas recovery programme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello All - I want to take my 2 week break and go somewhere to break this addiction in a place that follows the ethos of My Way Out. Do you have suggestions? Thank you. Shu

Shushu, sorry I don't know of anywhere, but just wanted to give you a huge :welcome: to MWO .......:l :l :l
    sigpicXXX

Comment

Where do you live, approximately?
      Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the welcome Betty. I live in the UK and would like to use the Christmas period to get firmly on the recovery path. Cheers, Shawna :thanks:

Comment

Shushu.

I'm in the UK too, but unfortunately don't know of anywhere ......

Have you tried google?
          sigpicXXX

Comment

Good question shushu... never thought of it. Maybe MWO should start up a holiday/recovery place-- somewhere WARM!

One tip-- we went on holiday to the US (Goergia and Florida) and although it would not be so hard to get alcohol if you sought it out, it was not pervasive at all, and easier to stay away from than to get it. I had no problem staying AF there. Very different than Europe.
            Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

How about Utah it's beautiful and is a dry state. the desert is magnificent.
              You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Thanks everyone - and yes Beatle, I first went online expecting to find such a place in a WARM place - pero no exista!! I guess there is an opportunity here. Be well - Best, Shu

Comment

holistic getaway

After the new year I am planning a 2 day get-a-way to a holistic low key retreat. Just me. They offer several treatments...but for the same cost they will teach me breema, tai massage and relflexology. I could just sit back and get them done to me...but I would rather come home with some skills I could use at home for relaxation. And the cost is very reasonable. Also, I want time to just reflect....I can think of nothing more exciting that having a healthy meal, taking a bubble bath and reading a book or watching movies that I have been wanting to watch in a better place. Plus, learning some very cool things. One would think that I could create most of this at home...not with a 4, 6, 47 year old and a dog in the house. I can never really relax unless I am away from home anyways. Just on this trip I want to do what I want....not having to accomodate what others want.

Comment

Karma 7171 - which country is this retreat in?

Comment

Working...
                    X