Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DRUNK FREE DECEMBER

count me in
    "From now on, walking is my beer and feeling good is my hangover" .....Homer Simpson

Comment

DRUNK FREE DECEMBER

Hello and Good Morning from Alabama all DFDers!!

Judie. I am sorry I missed your posts about MIL. I hope she is doing better. :l

Managing to stay DF so far in December. What a great thread. Wow, if we can all stay DF for Dec, just think how much easier the next year will be for all of us.

I am so excited!!

Thanks for starting this, Betty. :h

Take care all and have a wonder Monday, one of my favorite days of the week. A new beginning.

Love,
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

DRUNK FREE DECEMBER

Good Morning DFD'ers ........

WOW we are all doing sooooo well .........

Cindi I totally agree, january will be so much easier ............

Be back later guys ........

Love & Hugs, BB xx:h :l :h
        sigpicXXX

Comment

DRUNK FREE DECEMBER

Good Morning All! Hope you guys have the sunshine we have here in London Town, that's if it's your daytime of course! As for storms, Friday night we had lashing rain but it's long gone.

Maxman I just love your Homer quote! And the avatar creases me up!

Been away for a few days, just checking in to say it's still AFDF for me (sounds like a medical condition!)and I feel terrific this morning! A few emotional wobbles at the weekend but managed to get through with the help of friends. It's so good to talk out/about the troubling things as everyone here knows!

Gotta get outside and grab my slice of sunshine!
          Sorry to hear about your MIL, Jude-hope the news is better today.
          Finding, love the Wind Dog!

Betty Boo, good morning!

back later

:h Anna:h

:wings: DFD angels :wings:
          IS MILIS FION,ACH IS SEARBH A IOC
          Wine is sweet, but paying for it is bitter

Comment

DRUNK FREE DECEMBER

Hi All,
            I haven?t posted much as I feel I don?t have a lot of experience to offer. There are so many people who write so well, some times what I write doesn?t seem adequate and I delete the post.
            I love reading the posts; you are all wonderful kind people. I am going for AF December, although I?m sure I will give into a glass or two. I love Christmas, all the decorations, songs that go with it all. As with everyone there are so many parties at this time of year. Today is my 10th AF. Went out last night and drank children?s punch instead of mulled wine ? that?s a first.
            Since I last wrote I?ve had two nights where I drank tooo?. much. God I hate the day after. I was not so bad that couldn?t face anyone the next day . A sick and fuddled mind though. Still I feel the pull to keep on once I had that first glass. Other than those 2 nights I have been AF. It feels great, I?m achieving so much more, think clearer, even though I?m fit, I really feel fitter from not having those 2 glasses/sometimes bottle at night.
            The book , cd? s have really helped and this site. At the moment I don?t have to urge to have a drink at witching hour (cooking dinner, homework with kids etc) they have actually said my cooking is good again - Perhaps because moms not half sauced before she serves the dinner.! If I have inkling for something I make myself a soda with lemon, lime and ice. I put that in my suggestions. Wish it would work when I go out! Oh well it?s a start.
            I have read some of the posts that peeps have said they have been bored at night and don?t know what to do. I started knitting again. Nothing big???.hats?they take one or two nights. There a huge fashion statement here at the moment. When I have done enough for the people I know, I?ll start knitting winter hats and gloves for the children in Tibet. Takes your mind off being bored.
            I would love a life where I never had a glass of red again????.sometimes the taste is so good. I?m not giving up though, one day I will say that was the last one. ? THAT?S MY CHRISTMAS WISH FOR EVERYONE.

Comment

DRUNK FREE DECEMBER

I'm in too. DF December for me.

Monrose never worry about what you write, your post sounded just fine to me. Write whatever comes to mind and that is a wonderful Christmas wish too. Thanks

Judie hope your MIL is doing alright. That's so scary when you can't be there with them and the waiting for any news is so hard.
              "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

DRUNK FREE DECEMBER

Monrose,

What a great post. :l

Here is wishing a DF Dec and a blessed holiday for you and your family.

Love,
                Cindi
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

DRUNK FREE DECEMBER

:happy: :yay:

Count me in as well

:h :l Sweetpea x
                  :flower: Keep strong and focused things do get better and you will find your happy :h

Comment

DRUNK FREE DECEMBER

Beaches, Sweetpea, and Monrose ....

:welcome: to DFD ............

Instead of a picture today, I will be posting my grandma's fruitcake recipe .........

Christmas Fruitcake Recipe

You'll need the following:

1 cup of water
                    1 cup of sugar
                    4 large brown eggs
                    2 cups of dried fruit
                    1 teaspoon of salt
                    1 cup of [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]brown sugar[/COLOR][/COLOR]
                    Lemon juice
                    Nuts
                    1 bottle of whisky

Sample the whisky to check for quality. Take a large bowl. Check the whisky again. To be sure it's the highest quality, pour one level cup and drink. Repeat. Turn on the electric mixer, beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add one teaspoon of sugar and beat again. Make sure the whisky is still OK. Cry another tup. Tune up the mixer. Beat two leggs and [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]add to the bowl[/COLOR][/COLOR] and chuck in the cup of dried fruit. Mix on the turner. If the fired druit gets stuck in the beaterers, pry it goose with a drewscriver.

Sample the whisky to check for tonsisticity. Next, sift two cups of salt. Or something. Who cares? Check the whisky. Now sift the lemon juice and strain your nuts. Add one table. Spoon the sugar or something. Whatever you can find. Grease the oven. Turn the cake tin to 350 degrees. Don't forget to beat off the turner. Throw the bowl out of the window. Check the whisky again and go to bed.

Love & Hugs, BB xx
                    sigpicXXX

Comment

DRUNK FREE DECEMBER

Haa !! Haaa !!!
                      Betty that's a good one !!:H
                      Well, here's to day 3 DFD !! Although to be perfectly honest with you all, I did get a bit tipsy last Saturday, December 1st...:upset: (I'm not proud of that knowing full well that I'm joining you all on our DFD) I will go forward from that and be more on my guard... ONWARD !!!

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

DRUNK FREE DECEMBER

Niblet, Tipsy isn't drunk!!!!

Well done love,

BB xx
                        sigpicXXX

Comment

DRUNK FREE DECEMBER

Betty,

LMAO and ROFL!!

Sounds like some of my cooking episodes.

Hopefully this Dec goes a bit better...

Cindi
                          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

DRUNK FREE DECEMBER

Day three already of my first complete month....

Comment

DRUNK FREE DECEMBER

Hi betty boop and happy 40th :day5: I'm in, would love to get through this month af or atleast drunk free. I'm on day 4 af today.

Twosox

Comment

DRUNK FREE DECEMBER

I'm in, the first and second were AF for me. LMAO at the fruitcake recipe.
                                And you may ask yourself, "What is that beautiful house?" And you may ask yourself, "Where does that highway go?" And you may ask yourself,"Am I right?...Am I wrong?" And you may tell yourself..."MY GOD!...WHAT HAVE I DONE?"

Comment

Working...
                                X