• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am still here!!!!

THX star....GOD I hope it is different

Comment

I am still here!!!!

I have never been on Effexor but the withdrawal does sound scary.

Regarding other anti-depressants, sometimes the sleeping side effects and other effects go away after the first two weeks. One thing you can do if it makes you sleepy is to take it at night. Also, increasing dose can make you sleepy.

I heard that Welbutrin helps with weight loss. But I have read there is a higher risk of seizures and possibly risky for alcoholics. See link below. But I think you are abstinent right? It's related to suddenly stopping drinking or drinking regularly.

Wellbutrin Information from Drugs.com

Comment

I am still here!!!!

Luv - have you also tried natural ways to combat your depression? I certainly am not downplaying depression - I've been clinically depressed much of my life. But with supplements, good food and much less alcohol I've felt better the past few weeks than I have in ages.
        I hope you find what works for you!!
        FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

I am still here!!!!

MOW....what types of natural ways???? I am on Wellbutrin. Have had a rough couples days switching over to it from Effexor.

Comment

I am still here!!!!

Well... the supps recommended by RJ. Taking All One really made a difference for me. And when I'm regular with 5htp and Lglut and Gaba I notice a difference. Also it's imperitive that you cut out processed foods - junk food and sweets of course, but also regular pasta, white rice, etc. That stuff messes with the blood sugar which messes with moods. Add as many whole grains to your diet as possible - see the "miracle food" thread about quinoa. Oh, and omega-3's - fish oil caps, flax seeds or their oil, etc.

It might sound like a lot, but really it's just about feeding your body what it needs to correct imbalances.
            FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

I am still here!!!!

Thanks!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X