Oops I did it again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oops I did it again

Worked great all day...then started drinking around 10m and......up all night with insomnia/alchoholism...What the hell is wrong with me????
    Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
    - George Jackson

Oops I did it again

Myheart, you came here and told us, so you are winning!!!!!

The beast may have won last night but make sure that you battle harder .....

Love & Hugs, BB :h :l :h
    sigpicXXX

Comment

Oops I did it again

I did the same thing! Wasn't going to drink last night, got mad and did it anyway. Now I'm kicking myself for it. But today is another day, all we can do is try again.

P.S. Love the song

laura

Comment

Oops I did it again

Each day is a new blank page to start your day over. Today is the first day of the rest of your life. Make the most of it. Never give up. Learn from your mistakes. And if one thing doesn't work try something else. It took me 4 years to try & convince myself to no avail that I can moderate & another 4 years to try & quit. So you can see-no one gets it right the first time. I've been here for a year & have been on this AF journey for almost a year & during that time I had 2 alcohol mistakes. Everyone is a work in progress. Keep trying. You CAN do it.
        :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Oops I did it again

We've all been there, MyHeart (not to belittle you-- au contraire). Just try to remember tonight how you felt this morning. Take a large dose of calms forte or valerian tonight instead of the wine.

And, by the way, have you tried kudzu? I have not overdrunk once since I started it- not had many AF days, I'll admit, but the need to just keep going is... gone!
          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Oops I did it again

Ditto on what everyone else has said!! Today is a new day.

I found it is easier to keep your commitment if there is no alcohol in the house. I know, easier said than done especially if you live with someone who may drink, etc... But it really helped me get through those first few tough months.

Comment

Oops I did it again

Thanks everyone,

I have had a bad cold for the past 10 days and couldn't take all those supplements in addition to the cold medication, my stomach couldn't take it. I guess the beast (LOL BettyBoop) just snuck up on me. I have had the best luck with L-Glutamine, it works better than Kudzu for me. As Beatle said the supplements help with the desire to "just keep going". It won't be possible to keep alcohol out of this house. We are constantly entertaining and always have guests. Not to mention we have a fully stocked wine cellar. As far as how I felt this morning, well kind of useless that I slept half the day but physically great. I never get hangovers, probably because I drink everyday but my goal is 1-2 glasses of wine not 1 or 2 bottles, which is what I did last night, 1.5 bottles. Well lesson learned I guess those supplements really do help. I'm only taking cough medicine now so I'm back on the L-Glut. Now my son has this wretched cold, too bad : (
              Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
              - George Jackson

Comment

Working...
              X