alcohol and spirituality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alcohol and spirituality

And, let's face it, religion gives God a bad name... he'd probably fire half the sales force... it's God you're suppose to be seeking... His word... and not the minister...
    Sunny Out Looks are Contagious!

Comment

alcohol and spirituality

I visited a Buddhist ashram/farm in Queensland. There was no entry charge. I was invited to share their food - a substantial meal. There was no cover charge.

There was no official lecture on "this is what we do and so should you".

There was no call to enlist me. They did not want my name, my address or my cheque book. They gave me a glimpse of something rather special.

Comment

alcohol and spirituality

CaptJBean;230845 wrote: The problem I had with Buddah... I was apart of that group they were very much a cult... and alway had a way of putting their hands in your pocket for more and more money... make no mistake... they are not as much interested in you as they are in your check book!!! more than any religious organization I have ever known...
        Then the people you assumed were Buddhists - were, at best, seriously misguided or at worst, charlatans.

It saddens me that you believed this to be how Buddhism is.

Love :l

Satori

xxx
        "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

alcohol and spirituality

tawnyfrog;230878 wrote: I visited a Buddhist ashram/farm in Queensland....edit..... They gave me a glimpse of something rather special.
          "When the Student is ready, the Teacher appears"

Satori
          xxx
          "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

alcohol and spirituality

When the student stands up, the Master sits down.

Can't remember where I came across that...but I like it.

Suze x
            Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

alcohol and spirituality

I heard a statement on a lecture tape just this week, that really struck me.

"Without doing anything at all, the Tao leaves nothing undone."

Comment

alcohol and spirituality

CaptJBean;230845 wrote: The problem I had with Buddah...
                Something about this opener tickles me!

And I would say that the problem is not with the Buddha, but with certain Buddhists. Just as there is not a problem with Christ, but with certain Christians. All groups (and individuals) are susceptible to corruption. Sad but true. And we must use our intelligence to discriminate, always. No matter what path you're on.......

wonder xx

Comment

alcohol and spirituality

Q: Who makes the Dalai Lama's potato chips?

A: Chipmonks!

Comment

alcohol and spirituality

Q. How many Zen masters does it take to change a light bulb?

A. A tree falling in the forest!

Love

Satori

xxx

Comment

alcohol and spirituality

xtexan;231086 wrote: I heard a statement on a lecture tape just this week, that really struck me.

"Without doing anything at all, the Tao leaves nothing undone."
                      I like it!

Another one I like along the same lines.

"No snowflake ever fell in the wrong place"

Satori

Comment

alcohol and spirituality

satori;231114 wrote: Q. How many Zen masters does it take to change a light bulb?

ha ha ha ha ha ha !!!

Q: How many Zen buddhists does it take to change a light bulb?

A: Three -- one to change it, one to not-change it and one to both change- and not-change it.

Comment

alcohol and spirituality

wonderworld;231145 wrote: ha ha ha ha ha ha !!!

Q: How many Zen buddhists does it take to change a light bulb?

A: Three -- one to change it, one to not-change it and one to both change- and not-change it.
                          LOLOLOL! :H

Now you see why I was attracted to Zen - I get to spout stuff like this and people have been fooled into thinking I am "wise"

Have a great weekend!

Satori

xxx

Comment

alcohol and spirituality

satori;231114 wrote: Q. How many Zen masters does it take to change a light bulb?

Love

Satori

xxx
                            Q: How many Zen masters does it take to change a light bulb?

A: The desire to change the light bulb, is the cause of suffering!! Stumbling in the dark will lead to Nirvana.

Comment

alcohol and spirituality

LOL Tex - best one yet!

Satori

Comment

Working...
                              X