Hopeful for the Holidays...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont know if anyone else is battling with a bit of trepidation entering the holiday season. Stressful situations at this time of year seem to affect me so much more, and this season has started out stressful too. My Dad was released after three months from a Rehab clinic yesterday. He exhibited violence, so they were trying to get him somewhere else for a psychiatric evaluation, but before the paperwork was finished, he just disappeared onto the streets. I think he is headed to my brother's house, but now all the sudden, cannot get a hold of my brother which is really unusual. Anyhow, all of this in the middle of trying to help my Mom move into a new house, and trying to keep HER from getting stressed. Well, I had a bad night last night after all of that, and am frustrated with all of it.

This time of year also holds painful anniversaries, so I hope we can all support each other double dose! Thanks for listening.
    If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Already had a stressful Thanksgiving, and not sure what else will come. Hope all is working out with your Dad. If not, it is NOT your fault. Helping out parents isn't easy. I only have my Mom at present, since my Dad passed away when I was 18, but my Mom has been enough lately. Keep up the hope.

Comment

Hang in there A! It seems like this time of year we are pulled in so many directions with so much to deal with. A big issue for alot of us is that we need to find different ways to relax and unwind. 'Tis the season to be extra vilgilent in our moderation goals. I really hope your Dad is OK. I know it must be hard to be in the sidelines of his destructive path and be there for your Mom as well. Big hugs to you!
      Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Big hugs Prest! And take deep breaths.

I am going to bed now.

Comment

The stress of the holidays is here EVERY year. I come from divorced parents, both re-married and have had more children so do you think I can just pick one house to go to Thanksgiving or X-mas? My husband is at his wits end.......he wants one holiday to be for us and us only. I can't say I blame him. Then there are all the x-mas parties we get invited to. For me, with the challenges I have with my drinking thats the last thing I need. The work parties are the worst. I keep waiting for the dance on the table with the lamp shade on my head photo to appear one day! ODAT

Comment

I feel for you Allie...Keep on doing what it is that you do... for yourself & your family...it seems to be working

Comment

Dear Duck...are you OK..bed at ~ 7PM??

Comment

Thanks....

Just got a hold of my brother and he got a call from my Dad saying he couldnt make it, then hung up. We dont know what that means. He left around noon today for a 2 hour drive to my brother's house and didnt make it. That was ten hours ago. He has his car back, which I'm not so sure is a good thing. Anyway, I must shut my mind off to it for now - there is nothing I can do to change the situation and therein lies the frustration! I'm doing better tonight than last... having Teavana Roobios tea.

Thanks a ton....
                P4T

Comment

Hi Allie,
                  I am so sorry to hear about all that you are going through. It must be really tough. It sounds like your father is really having a tough time of it and it is certainly worrying you. I would be worried as well, but you are right, all the worrying in the world will not change the situation. You must take care of yourself. I know, easier said than done. I hope that your father surfaces soon and that he is safe and can get the help that he needs.

My thoughts are with you,
                  KateH
                  A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

ah. alle i'm so sorry my sweets. i really am. and please don't be hard on yourself for having a hard time.... you are such a very very good person. your heart is just as big as that full moon we just had. i love you so much well it's like a big buy splat on the windshield sometimes... that is how helpless i feel at times like these. so sitting here drinking my little ol glass of tea. i'm praying for you and your family. i know these holidays are just the roughest for most. please pm me girlie. i think i gave you my number but if not. well pm me and i will. big love and hug. barbie
                    :welcome:

Comment

:l :l :l You have had a really tough year love, My heart goes out to you ........

Love ya, BB xx
                      sigpicXXX

Comment

Any update hon?

Comment

I talked with my brother early this morning and my Dad did call him last night and said he was definitely coming to his house, but my brother said he got lost. He stopped at a motel, but as of this morning he does not know where he is. He will not call anyone for help because he does not want to be told he cannot drive. None of us are sure whether he is lost because he drank or because of dementia. He has been sober for three months, but his counselor said he has pretty severe dementia, which we already knew he did to some extent. He gets confused very easily. Anyway, my other brother is now trying to put an APB out on him so we can get him somewhere safe and not driving. I'm hoping to hear more soon. Its scary not knowing where he is and that he is out driving around in that condition. I hope we find him soon.

Thanks...
                          P4T

Comment

Oh P4T, you must be worried out of your mind,

I'm praying for his safe return .......:l :l :l
                            sigpicXXX

Comment

Sorry to hear this P4T (your name certainly is apt right now). Wish we could help-- I guess we feel a bit like you do, in that we want to help you but cannnot do anything, while you want to help your father, but cannot (at the moment). Please keep us updated. And keep up the good coping skills.
                              Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Working...
                              X