Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hot Toddies

Can anyone help me please.
    I am having a Christmas Party, and need a recipe for Hot Toddies.
    Meow-Meow
    MonaKitty

Hot Toddies

Hey Mona - I don't remember where you are - sorry! But here in the UK we can get Spiced Berry cordials - Bottle Green Company and Belvoir amongst others - and, quite frankly, with the fruit and all, I defy many to tell that it's not red wine! I add in several more cloves and spices (or those 'T' bags versions) and I would quite like to do a party and watch folk get p'd before telling them there was no booze in it! I think it could work!

Good luck!
    :heart: c: :heart:
    "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Hot Toddies

what is a hot toddy?
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Hot Toddies

A warm drink for the winter - usually with whisky in but other things like fruit, sugar etc. Love FMS's idea of the Spiced Berry cordials. They are good. Gonna give that a try.

Comment

Hot Toddies

MonaCat;229657 wrote: Can anyone help me please.
          I am having a Christmas Party, and need a recipe for Hot Toddies.
          I used to sink them by the dozen when I used to get colds in the past and it was just another excuse for me to have a drink. Same thing with mulled drinks over the festive season. Excuses, Excuses.........

Love and Happiness
          Hippie
          xx
          "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
          Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Hot Toddies

why are trying to quit drinking and looking for recipe for toddies?

Comment

Hot Toddies

Mona,

Were you looking for an AF recipe? If so, here is one I found, it sounds pretty good, especially with the crystalized ginger.. Yummy.

Alcohol Free Hot Toddy - American Drinks recipe from RecipeJoint.com. Download for free.

Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hot Toddies

MONA! you've wondered out of Subscribers & now asking for a drinky recipe? For shame.....just kidding. Cindi's sounds good. I know you were asking about it. Never heard of them before.
                :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Hot Toddies

I thought it was whisky and spices and maybe some apple cider and sugar.
                  and the last time I had some it was quite strong.
                  I think if you make it with no whisky it will probably be good as well and you won;t have to worry about people getting blitzed and having to drive home .
                  You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Hot Toddies

Hot Toddies??? Wow, my grandparents drank those!
                    Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
                    - George Jackson

Comment

Hot Toddies

Cindi has given the AF version. The alcohol version I have used is as follows:

Dissolve a spoon of sugar in boiling water nearly filling the glass. One measure of whiskey, cloves and perhaps a slice of lemon. My grandad used to drink them in winter.

Rustop

Comment

Hot Toddies

Mona, what date and time should I be there??

Comment

Working...
                        X