Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seratonin and Dopamine Dysfunction

Friends,

Bradford alluded to differences in addict's brain chemistry regarding serotonin and dopamine but gave no concrete examples. I googled and here are three links I found.

Hope you find it informative.

IngentaConnect Neurodevelopmental Liabilities in Alcohol Dependence: Central Serotonin and Dopamine Dysfunction

Neurobiology and Behavior

What Drives Alcohol Addiction

Thanks,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

thank you db good info
    You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

I haven't looked at those links yet, but I plan to (after I get my pack of wild banshees into bed). Thanks for that Cindi.

Tryptophan or 5-HTP (a form of tryptophan) is supposed to help with the serotonin... naturally. SSRIs, as I undertstand it, do the same thing in a chemical, artificial way.

Anyway, I have looked into this before, but look forward to reading more. (unfortunately I have had an adverse reaction to tryptophan/5-HTP, so I have not followed up on it.)
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

I found What Drives Alcohol Addiction fascinating.
        Thanks for sharing this.
        It explains a lot about the catch22 of drinking to deal with anxiety that I did not previously understand.

Dx
        * * I love Determinator * *

Comment

Thanks Cindi.......will check them out when my brain is awake........hopefully some time soon. :H

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Working...
          X