Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question: Damaging our children

Cooking,

I have to agree with the "get rid" of crowd. I can only imagine what my reaction would be if I went to her.

Already filled with guilt and she would let me know unequivically that I am right on that I "damaged" my kids. Hmm. Could do some serious damage, methinks.

More importantly, what has she done to give you any tools to help with your issues? Anything, or just judgement?

Find someone better who can help you.

Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Cooking,

I have to say that I have seen 3 different therapists over the last 10 years.
      None of them said anything to me to make me feel guilty at all. I felt they all kind of guided me through my feelings and reactions to my life and gave me suggestions of ways to try to deal with life slightly differently. I felt completely safe with all of them and nearly always felt better after going to a session. Occasionally of course I would feel stressed if we had been talking about something I found difficult, but all of the sessions were about easing my sense of distress (NOT ADDING TO IT).

You sound well adjusted and your kids sound fantastic. I agree with the others. Find another therapist.
      xx
      Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

"It's true that her strategy reached me more than usual, "

Hummmmm!
        "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Working...
        X