Christmas Crackers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas Crackers.

O.K. Girls.......we already have the WOW factor, right? So, now is the time of year for us to really shine.
    Let`s post THE BEST beauty products. Just name the product, eg, best foundation, best hair thickening serum etc., your reason for being a fan of the product and the price if you know it.

I`ll start you off.......my favourite perfume is Prada, but, be warned, it is strong, heady and sensual, but simply gorgeous.

Let`s dazzle `em, Girls!!!!! :H

Starlight Impress x

Christmas Crackers.

Rive Gauche (YSL) haven't tried Prada (hey you seen the film Devil Wears Prada) really great film. I also like Chanel 19.
    :lI'd really rather be skiing:H

Comment

Christmas Crackers.

Chanel No5, the only perfume that I will wear ......
      sigpicXXX

Comment

Christmas Crackers.

Perfume - Euphoria by Calvin Klein.
        Shampoo - Kerastase for dry hair and dandruff....(yum?!) but soft, shiny hair and no white bits with no chemicals to strip your scalp!!
        DO - Forever Living's deodorant stick with aloe vera and jojoba...no aluminium.
        Lippy - Max Factor Lipfinity...DYES my lips - don't care; it stays on longer than an hour!
        Foundation for smooth lovely looking skin - brown paper bag!!!!! :anon: :H
        :heart: c: :heart:
        "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Christmas Crackers.

Soap and water works well for me star!!. And the key to soft baby hippie skin is to bathe endlessly in recycled nettle wine followed by a good thrashing about in Johnsons baby talc.
          Drinking lots of patchouli oil helps rid me of my smokers breath and deodorants are kept to a minimum to allow my natural pheromones to entice the ladies!!!

I just love the smell of Dewberry Oil on women but it has to be the BODY SHOPS OWN!
          Sophistication is not my middle name I'm afraid!!!

Love and Happiness
          Hippie
          xx
          "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
          Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Christmas Crackers.

Starlight,

I think you opened a can of worms! (those are cheap and have lots of protein by the way)

I love to try different products, but I do have my favorites that I always come back to and have at all times. For me they are:

Shampoo: Joico (formerly Kerapro). Its just great shampoo and my hair is happy all the time when I use it. It also smells deliciously tropical and my husband just the way my hair smells. I have another new favorite - Purity. My salon tricked me into buying some and I actually really like it. Purity is too expensive, but Joico I get at a Beauty Supply Store and stock up in August when they have the "liter sale" for 14.99.

Makeup: I use a wide variety. My current favorite thing is a powder that I got from Sephora. It is by Benefit and the color is "Dandelion" I put it on in place of loose powder and it works like that mineral powder! Its truly the most amazing stuff. Check it out. It was about 15.00 and it is pressed powder inside of a box. Too cool.

Skincare: Philosophy. I just absolutely cannot say enough about it. Its a little pricey, but a little goes a long way and the benefits are hands down better than anything I've ever used. You can get it at Sephora.

And for my dog: Febreeze. Works wonders for drawing others to her. $3.75 at the grocery.
            If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

Christmas Crackers.

Ok, no real finds, just lots of questions for you gorgeous mwo goddesses. Since beginning low dose topa and cutting waaaaay back on wine(mostly), my skin looks 10 years OLDER! I keep hearing about how everyone is glowing-I'm not. My skin looks puffy and dull and lifeless. To be honest, I looked heaps better when drinking every night
              I have begun drinking tons of water, and adding unsweetened cranberry juice ala fat flush plan, as well as upping my antioxidants. I've done an at home exfoliation, and using yogurt masks. I am starting today on the quinoa thing-have some cooking right now. Is there something I can be using that will help? Is this detox process? Is it the topa?Am I just older than I think Anyways, any thoughts would be well appreciated.
              Life itself is the proper binge. Julia Child

Comment

Christmas Crackers.

Dead Sea Mask - wonderful!!! (And take off the glasses - l look fine then!!! :H )(Eeek! - See, I'm not glowing either! Never have in the facial skin department - even at 10 years old!))

Hippie - worried;....my ex 'enjoyed' his own 'natural pheromones'.............UUGGHH!! It's called BO! Go get Prest4time's Febreeze!! Perleeeze!

(At least your deodorants are 'kept to a minimum'....rather than 'wouldn't touch them with a barge pole ever!'.....David's version!)(Miaow!)(Sorry!)
                :heart: c: :heart:
                "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Christmas Crackers.

The best beauty prduct for skin....WATER. Since I no longer tip alcohol down my neck at the speed of lightening and have moderated my smokes to 4 or 5 a day....I have regained my peachy complexion. LOL

Comment

Christmas Crackers.

Amethyst - do you smoke? Smoking makes skin look old and leathery.

My fave beauty find is Bare Minerals makeup. It's a powder foundation made of pure minerals. It looks very natural, and covers the red blotchiness of my rosacea rather well while being good for my skin.
                    FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

Christmas Crackers.

Perfume - Mackie (have never worn anything else since 1994). Love it! Pretty expensive in department stores but I can find it cheaper at those factory outlet stores.

Hair - I am a big fan of the Aussie Line of hair products. I do switch shampoos once every 6 months and use Pantene Pro V. (apparently you are suppose to switch shampoos once in a while to remove build up?) Anyway it works for me.

Skin - I use Dove (cucumber, something) for washing my face and body in the AM. At night I use a wet, warm face cloth and wipe my face down. No soap at night. I use Noxema as a facial moisterizer. When my face is dry, like during this time of year, I use Aveeno Baby's Oatmeal cream. Works fantastic!! I have tried sooo many others and they leave me feeling greasy or broken out. My nana has beautiful smooth skin at almost 80 and she has been using Noxema as a moisterizer since she was 16.

Makeup - I use L'Oreal products. My absolute favourite and I have been using it for years is the L'Oreal 'Voluminous 4X the Lash" waterproof mascara. I have tried others and hated them all.

All in all my beauty regime is very inexpensive, very basic, and leaves me feeling really great, smelling nice and looking natural.

Comment

Christmas Crackers.

I use the Bare Minerals makeup that MyOwn uses.

I use Dr Denese for the SPF day cream, as well as her Hydroshield moisturizer.
                        I also use First Pressed Olive Oil moisture cream.
                        (I live in the desert)

My latest best product is Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch which makes your pores look ultra small.

Det is allergic to lots of strange smells so no perfume.
                        We use the Dove soap due to no perfumes or other words you can't pronounce.

Dx
                        * * I love Determinator * *

Comment

Christmas Crackers.

Dx, when I lived in Nevada, I, too used products with Olive Oil. I also added a drop of Olive Oil to my hair conditioner once in a while to help with the dryness.

Comment

Christmas Crackers.

A tip for removing residue from your hair for pennies - mix a tablespoon or more of baking soda to your shampoo once in awhile. It works wonders!
                            FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

Christmas Crackers.

I need to find a new bath soap because my husband leaves the house smelling like a chick every morning. Guess I will try what Dx uses. Thanks for the makeup tips. I need a good powder.
                              I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Working...
                              X