I can do this and I am going to do this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been going through my old posts again and it's seems as if I had a lot more confidence when I was AF - so no more waiting for tomorrow or till after Xmas.....the drinking has got to stop today. It will.

Last night I spilt half of my bottle of wine down the sink as by 8pm I was feeling tired. The 2 glasses I did have were forced - I think my body is telling me that enough is enough. I woke up this moring feeling really fed up and bored with life. It's the same old every day.

I sent an e-mail to my friend about how I was feeling and she replied back telling me that I'm just having a bad day. When I prayed this morning to God to give me strength I realised that God has given me the energy and knowledge which I must use to stop myself. No more self loathing or looking for pity.

I want to stop drinking and I will.

Lotus,

I look at getting through the holidays sober as a huge plus!!

This is a wonderful time to stay AF.

You can and will do it.

Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Sounds to me like the AF switch might have just gone "click" for you!

Good Luck

Love :l

satori

xxx
      "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Lotus
        I too, finally gave in and said enough is enough, every day was the same old speech to myself about quitting, however my every day's turned into years and years of "just having a bad day". There will never be a good day to quit, so you are right, why not today? A gift to yourself.....just promise yourself "I will not drink today"....
        sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Well done Lotus and Char,
          love Paula xx

Comment

Working...
          X