Warning Labels on Alcoholic Beverages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw a thread here yesterday mentioning how addictive alcohol is, and how a lot of young and old people end up addicted or hurt or dead from abusing alcohol.
    I think that the warning labels on alcohol bottles or containers should also have a warning stating that it is an addictive substance, at least people can be warned before they embark on a hellish journey with alcohol.
    You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Well Trixie, I just don't think that would help-look at how many people still smoke. But heck, it couldn't hurt, either. :goodjob:

Comment

They do that with cigarettes here, so I think they should with alcohol too. Of course our commercials are always ended with "Please drink responsibly" but they still make it look fun getting loaded at a bar full of beautiful and happy people.

Comment

some people say that if marijuana was legalized then people wouldn't drink as much and end up with such awful problems.
        I still wonder why I am the only one in 3 generations who drinks like a fish (not so much anymore).
        That is the thing accountable they make it look like such a blast in the ads , but then you say the word coke or heroin and it's instantly baad.
        but alcohol is a seriously addictive substance.
        You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Do you think if this warning was on a beer or a bottle of wine it would have stopped you? It wouldn't have stopped me.
          Marcie

Comment

The first minute of this Denis Leary stand up says it all:
            [ame= ]YouTube - denis leary-cigarettes[/ame]

(Denis is crass and rude. Do not open if you are easily offended.)

It just doesn't matter what the labels say.
            Dx
            * * I love Determinator * *

Comment

I wouldn't have given a rat arse what the label said...
              Cashy
              "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

Hey - maybe we should sue the pants off all booze/beer/winemakers for not warning us!!
                FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

Oh yeh, that would be quite a class action suit there...
                  Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Working...
                  X