Now I know why I drink!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now I know why I drink!

Hello - I resisted the bottle last night. It was made hard because I was on my own for the evening but I resisted. Thankyou for the replies, I really needed to hear that. Last night I turned off the computer after a while, put my feet up on the sofa and the cravings and desires for more drink faded. I just had to give it time and not jump in there with more wine. But I did have a couple of cigarrettes! Another guilt trip to deal with there!!!!! If I didn't have all of you to turn to in times of stress, I would be in a very different situation now-----THANKYOU. This morning I am back in control, back in the driver's seat! I much prefer it there!!!!!!

Lots of love, Bella xxxx

Comment

Now I know why I drink!

Hey Bella,
      great to hear from you and happy that you were able to get through that craving phase.
      Well done honey.
      xx
      Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Now I know why I drink!

Glad you're back, Bella

Comment

Now I know why I drink!

Hi Bella. I didn't see your thread yesterday, but saw it today. I'm so glad you made it through the evening without opening the bottle. I know it's hard. Your baby deserves your sobriety, and you deserve it too. You are WORTH IT!

Hugs,
          DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Now I know why I drink!

Bella, Hang in there! You are almost done.
            So glad you made it this far.
            Dx
            * * I love Determinator * *

Comment

Now I know why I drink!

Bella~

I am so grateful you made it through without caving into the desire. As you daid, it does fade. Sometimes we need to do whatever it takes to just get through the desire stage. Most times it is only temporary, a few hours.. I will go grocery shopping, watch reality TV (yes, it helps, reading is not enough of a distration in those times), or jsut go to bed!

So good to hear from you today...

your friend, MM
              Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Now I know why I drink!

Well done Bella. Have you talked to you doc about post-natal depression and what you can do to absolutely avoid it?
                The last thing you want to do is have the baby and then drop like a stone - please go talk to someone, even if you call someone on the phone and have a talk about options.
                Please talk to someone - for your own sake as much as the baby's.
                Cashy
                xx
                "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

Working...
                X