anyone recomened Prozac ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My question is does anyone take prozac and does it help with anaxity / depression. I'm getting real serious with the no drinking anymore thing. I'm on campral and its helping alot. I'm going through a very hard time in my marraige of 10 years. when things are going good, not drinking is good. but lately I have been kinda depressed and worring alot. I feel the "need" to medicate with alcohol more and more. I was wandering if a anti-dep would help. I was on paxil about 2 years ago and it made me drink more I think. I have also tried the herbal things, with not much help. any thoughts?

Hiya, Star has recently been prescribed a version of prozac and has asked for the same response, It may be further down the page or on page 2 ...........

Hope that it helps.

BB xx
    sigpicXXX

Comment

Hi cloudjockey.
      I`ve only just started taking prozac this week, so can`t comment on its efficacy. This is my 2nd anti depressant in 6 wks as first didn`t agree with me. Have learned that we all react differently to any AD, so you really just have to try a drug for yourself to see if it will have desired effect.

Am not really a meds girl, but decided to go down this road as I was feeling exhausted and completely lacking in motivation. I do think you would benefit from a med, feeling as you do at this time, though. Good luck in finding one that works for you.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

HELLO

HELLO CLOUDJOCKEY,
        I HAVE NOT BEEN PRESCRIBED PROZAC. I TOOK ZOLOFT ABOUT 10 YEARS AGO FOR CLINICAL DEPRESSION , IT REALLY HELPED BUT I GAINED ALOT OF WEIGHT WHILE TAKING IT. I HAVE HEARD PAXIL IS GOOD AS WELL. I STARTED CYMBALTA APPROX 5 MONTHS AGO AND IT HAS HELPED GREATLY WITH DEPRESSION, WAITING TO SEE HOW I FEEL WITHOUT ALCOHOL MIXED WITH IT. LET US KNOW HOW U R DOING.
        LAINEY

Comment

Working...
        X