oh my do I have a problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi my friends at MWO. I just realized that I have been spending about 2 to 4 hours a day logged on to this site.
    Yes, and I am getting seriously behind on a few deadlines here at work, like seriously behind.
    I need to cut down or suffer the consequences.
    I check here before checking my personal or work e-mail. MWO has become my breakfast story.
    Gonna have to moderate, but will sure miss coming here every single morning, noon and evening.
    Will return soon as I catch up with life.

:h

Trixietrack
    You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Well, do quality work but return soon. You just never know what you may miss! I know life would not have been complete for you without the knitted condom!

Comment

I can relate. Get a lot done and hurry back!!
      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

See you back with us soon trix..........you do know you won`t manage to stay away for long, right? I mean........who could possibly give up such fabulous company??? :H

Starlight Impress x

P.S.
        I missed whatever was going on with the knitted condom lucky referred to.........just making sure that you`re aware that such a condom wouldn`t be "water" tight!!! :H

Comment

yeh, same problem here... my guy calls it my "other life". I need to get a grip.
          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

We need a support group for our addiction to our support group!
            Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

LOL PP!

I, too, found for the first several months that I was spending most of my time on here. I had no real commitments at that time tho... only to my well being and my daughter.

1 year later - as of today, I find I can focus on other things now and still use MWO as a place to come to unwind, catch up, and it has been a good replacement for the drinking when I feel I want to drink.

Trixie, take care of your business. Check in when you can, and we will always be around.

Comment

Hi Trixie

I know what you mean.

I read the book How to Quit Drinking without AA and it offers a lot of advice on changing drinking habits. One piece of advice is to pick some habits and change them as a trial for changing your ways in other areas. I picked giving up logging on to MWO at work. That was months ago and I only logged in once in all that time.

Think about the lack of security on work networks.

Comment

Yup, Addicted to MWO

Trixie, that's is the first thing I do. First open email and immediately open MWO community site while I have my breakfast at work. I usually stay logged on all day, just minimize it , and hope no one goes near my computer. Then I peek at it all day long. Can't get enough of it
                  Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

Love ya Trix. But the reason I am not responding to your post is I am in the same fix. Swamped with work and having to abstain from MWO.

Ooooops Did it again!
                    Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Hi Trixie, yes I can spend an awful lot of time on here also - but in this case it is better to moderate than abstain completely :H
                      Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Hi trixie,
                        Easy for me log on most of the day, work from Home and like Miss October minimize and keep pop in and out. Helps keep not drinking in the front of my mind though. Thats good thing.
                        Mr East said this morning my next step will be HF (husband free) Think I will have to cut down myself !
                        In life we can live out our dreams its true
                        the one who decides,takes chances,makes choices is YOU.

Comment

I'm guilty too!
                          I work nights so I'm on & off here thru out the day... especially now that winter's here, and it's nasty out...

:welcome: :new:
                          The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Hey Trix - Yep, when I have to schedule it into my day I know I have crossed the online-line..

Maybe a quick hello once a day.. and keep me posted on the low-carb!

Namaste,

MM
                            Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

im here instead of beer! cya soon
                              "From now on, walking is my beer and feeling good is my hangover" .....Homer Simpson

Comment

Working...
                              X