What's L-Glut?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's L-Glut?

You all talk about L-glut all the time and I'm not sure what it is. I ordered the starter pack and the closest thing that resembles that would be the bottle called Amino Complete. Is that what you guys are talking about? Thanks in advance!

What's L-Glut?

L-Glutamine....just do an internet search : )

It stops carb/alcohol cravings
    Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
    - George Jackson

Comment

What's L-Glut?

Damn - I've been calling it i-Glut all this time..... and I've got a bottle of it too. Obviously can't read....

Comment

What's L-Glut?

I think the MWO program offers L-glutamine as an addition to the starter pack, so you have to order it separately.

I'm pretty sure you can get it at health food stores or maybe even in the healthfood sections of large supermarkets. It comes as a powder, too, which I recommend. I take 5 grams (Yes, that is a lot) dissolved in water 2xday, and I don't really notice it helps, but it is supposed to be good for adjusting the brain chemistry to be more "normal" (i.e. non-alcoholic) so I take it on faith. Many others notice it helps cravings. (kudzu does that for me much more).

You must be sure to take L-glutamine on an empty stomach or at least a couple hours after, and 1/2 hour before meals.

Also, watch out, it is easy to mistake it for glutamic acid. They are apparently very different things.
        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

What's L-Glut?

Ok thanks everyone. So...I guess the Amino Complete that I'm taking is not the L-Glut that you are talking about. I was just hoping it was in a different form but I guess I will get to the health food store today. How funny Bessie.........did you notice any funny looks when you told people you were taking I-Glut?

Comment

What's L-Glut?

oh, and another thing, you can take a lot of it. So if it DOES work for you (as it does for many people), disregard the directions. As much as 15 grams (yes, GRAMs) a day is considered completely safe. I've been taking 10 grams a day for months. Although it doesn't seem to work so much on the cravings, I think it makes me feel overall healthier.
            Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Working...
            X