Spray On tans - anyone??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spray On tans - anyone??

What a crack up - I have had my first ever 'SOT' today... I am turning very very dark... my teeth look so lovely & white! My son thinks it is horrible, and my husband asked - when are you going to have a shower!! I asked my 2yo daughter what she thought and she said yuk!! Great, I am going to have a shower & ((hopefully)) it will blend in, like they said!! Funny that - I am in Australia and it is summer, but we keep out of our harsh sunshine,

Anyone seen the movie 'something about mary' - the lady that she was boarding with, lol, that's what I look like at the moment!! :H
    :rolleyesmonkey: Tahlula :rolleyesmonkey:
    Trim the tree to let in the sunshine...

Spray On tans - anyone??

Hi Tahlula,
    You should get yourself an airbrush tan system and do your own at home. My teenager has a home airbrush system.......it`s made by Rio. System retails for about ?60, which includes 3 btls/tan which will last a fortnight at least if you top up every couple of days. Tan solution can be bought in packs of 3 btls. for ?20.

Rio machine gives gorgeous result and you can start off with light spray application and build up to shade you want. Only criticism is that system works off a compressor, so is rather noisy.

Happy tanning.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Spray On tans - anyone??

OMG LobsterStar is giving advise on tanning!!! ROFLMAO!!!

I used to use a mini compressor for spraying liquid leather when I used to do on site repairs so I know what you mean about the noise factor with them things. You have to be careful with the nozzle attachments and make sure they are well cleaned. I would presume this would be the case with tanning solutions as well. The last thing you want is speckled legs now.

Why didn't you use this yourself Star instead of going for a sunbed? or does your daughter not allow you to use HER 'stuff' !!!

Love and Happiness
      Hippie
      xx
      "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
      Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Spray On tans - anyone??

Say what you will, hip........"sticks and stones" and all that. lol

O.Kayyyyyyyyy.........Star ain`t got the patience for tanning herself, but I think if you opt for spray tan (which is of course better for you, considering the risk factors with sunbeds), you are best investing in your own airbrush system........works out a helluva lot cheaper than professional spray tans........is very easy to learn to spray evenly.........you get an instructional DVD.......really easy.

Yes, you have to remember to spray water through the system after each use to prevent blockages. It`s all very easy. My only criticism of spray tan is that if you don`t top it up every couple of days, patches start to appear.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Spray On tans - anyone??

OMG I learn something new everyday here. I have seen the spray tanning booths in California (on tv). Hilarious! I am all for it. Although it sounds very high maintenance and I don't have the patience for it.

Comment

Spray On tans - anyone??

We do body bronzing at the spa, but it is not the spay on, it is cream. i don't like the fumes... yuk! But, I do tell my clients that the best "at home" product is... don't laugh: "Jergens Natural Glow, MEDIUM". It is impossible to mess up and looks really natural. You can buy it on eBay AND IT IS CHEAP!

MM
            Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Spray On tans - anyone??

St. Tropez and Fake Bake are the most popular tanning solutions here, but quite pricey.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Spray On tans - anyone??

I just want some REAL sun.
                Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Spray On tans - anyone??

MM -- I agree with you on that Jergen's Medium.... I was amazed how well it worked. It took a few days of using it, but all the sudden it really showed up and not a streak in site. I use it to enhance a regular tan. Its hard not to use the real deal here in Florida!

My other favorite is Loreal bronzer that comes in a tube. Very reasonably priced and if you put a layer of regular lotion on first, then use the Medium dark, it works fantastic and looks very natural. The layer of regular lotion first prevents it from "grabbing' more on dryer skin areas, but doesnt dilute the effect. Its sad how we know so much about these things....
                  If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

Spray On tans - anyone??

I always believe tan fat looks better than white fat, so before I go anywhere warm in winter I use a spray on like neutrogena or go get a spray on. It always looks ok on me after I take the first shower, my skin handles it pretty good because I usually have a little bit on tan left from summer.

Sammys

Comment

Spray On tans - anyone??

Sammys, you just made me LMAO. Totally agree that the only acceptable colour for "excess baggage" is a delicious shade of golden brown!!!! :H

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Working...
                      X