On learning through mistakes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found this yesterday in my Stuart Wilde, 'The Secrets of Life' book....I thought of us all!

"We came to the Earth plane without a manual. We just plopped in here, and we have to muddle along trying to understand what the hell's going on without anyone really showing us. If you allow the guilt trips of life to mess with you, it will rot your brain. You needed the mistakes you made. And the people you impacted through those mistakes needed you. And so, bit by bit, realizing that, you can come to a healing of your life."

(I take that to mean they needed us in all our messiness, just as we were, because we had something to teach, or so they might witness healing....and the same holds now...we are all beautiful beings just as we are...right now...)

Love and hugs
    FMS xx
    :heart: c: :heart:
    "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Really nice sentiment behind that, FMS. I think it takes us a long time to reconcile ourselves to some of our past mistakes though, and that is why any sort of healing seems to take forever.
    I think more people could benefit from therapy and that`s why I decided to have some myself, to learn to accept that my past life events, good and bad make me who I am today. Since becoming sober, I really feel that I`m not too bad a person, although still have much work to do on myself. I need to learn and grow and only then do I think I will begin to heal.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

I don't think any of us are "bad" people. We have/had a problem that we never asked for. We are all doing our best. Learning from mistakes is the only way forward. Thanks FM.

(but really, did I NEED those mistakes? lol)
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

FMS. In my insatiable desire to make sense of the life,I too ,have in the past read books of a similar nature, A couple by Gary Zukav "the seat of the soul" and "The heart of the soul" are interesting, his theory in very short is that we all agreed to have the experiences in this life ,prior to birth, in order to teach us a particular lesson and to grow. We chose all the souls that were our parents, children, friends and work purposely and for a particular reason......
        Anyway when I view my life retrospectively, I see that even the trails and the happy stuff happened for a reason so that I would be here now.
        I kinda like the teory in anycase , food for thought......
        In life we can live out our dreams its true
        the one who decides,takes chances,makes choices is YOU.

Comment

Thanks for sharing FMS. I try to remind myself of these thoughts often, but sometimes self-blame and guilt etc just get the better of me. It's good to hear it from a source outside my own addled brain.
          FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

FMS,
            Your post encouraged me to get out the book I mentioned earlier there is a poem I would like to share in it:

The Guest House

This being human is a guest house.
            Every morning a new arrival.

A joy, a depression, a meanness,
            some momentary awareness comes
            as an unexpected visitor

Welcome and entertain them all!
            Even if they're a crowd of sorrows,
            who violently sweep your house
            Empty of its furniture,
            Still,treat each guest honorably,
            He may be clearing you out
            for some new delight,

The dark thought, the shame,the malice,
            meet them at the door laughing,
            and invite them in.

Be grateful for whoever comes,
            because each has been sent
            as a guide from beyond

Rumi

Hope you like it!

Eastx
            In life we can live out our dreams its true
            the one who decides,takes chances,makes choices is YOU.

Comment

These are just lovely, thank you, ladies!

Namaste,

MM
              Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

East - that's lovely...thank you....

Glad you enjoyed Stuart's words.....

Any more from anyone? Post away....the soul thread here!

FMS xx
                :heart: c: :heart:
                "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Working...
                X