Prometa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prometa

Anybody (in the US) happen to catch "60 Minutes" this evening. I caught half of the segment on this supposed wonder treatment for addiction. All my searches thus far come up with "server too busy". Anybody ever heard of this treatment and or have any insight?

Thanks,
    Joe.

Prometa

I missed 60 Minutes because a local football game was airing.

I Googled Prometa and you're right the server was busy. Must be alot of people out there with these types of addictions. God love 'em!

Here's one of the sites I found if anyone wants to keep trying. I know I will.

http://www.prometainfo.com/
    Each day comes bearing its own gifts. Untie the ribbons.

Comment

Prometa

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Comment

Prometa

Interesting article:

Prometa Founder's Spotty Background Explored

Seems the man has a "history".
        "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

Prometa

Jeez!!! Who to trust these days...........

Comment

Prometa

well ya never know - it may be great - but 3 prescription drugs for a start sounds like a bit of overkill....for more info...

Prometa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

cheers

Cashy

Comment

Prometa

I was able to access the web site, it says that you must go to a Prometa approved MD. The program included, drugs, both oral and intravenous over a period of 3 consecutive days, followed by oral meds for a period of one month along with psycological support and prescribed nutritional supplements.

When I tried to get further information, the site crashed, but there is an 800 number for additional information.

As for me, I am sticking with MWO! But this might be an alternative for some people.
              A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Prometa

Thanks, Kate,

After reading the link provided by Cashregister, I'm not so sure this is to be a trusted treatment as the dude was into the junk bond scandal in the 80's. Who knows what other "junk" he's into.

Looks like its time to strap in for some real hard core research.

Comment

Prometa

Yeah, a junk bonder and a pharmaceutical company - i'd be a bit wary myself.

Comment

Prometa

I did tape 60 minutes tonight. I watched it...sort of..I was also reading a magazine but it just sounded like it was very controversial and very very expensive. I can re-watch it if you want and get a better opinion on it. The only reason I taped the show was to watch the part on LT (football player) so the bit on the drug was not expected so I wasn't paying real close attention. Do you need to know anything about Ladanian Tomlinson(San Diego Chargers)???? I did watch that with full attention.......

Comment

Prometa

I did manage to see some of the Tomlinson segment. What a guy. But during the Prometa segment, I was kind of dosing off. Got tired watchng the Pats dispose of yet another opponent. Seriously, I have found a few articles on Prometa and read the transcript on CBS' website. I think I'll pass on it.

'night.

Comment

Prometa

i was going to post about the Prometa segment as well. The drugs used are already FDA approved only not for use in addiction. Sound familiar? Topamax is not approved for addiction either, but many people here use it for that reason. The biggest reason I was suspicious of the guy is from his history with bond scandals and that it costs $15,000 to go through Prometa treatment. WOW!
                        Marcie

Comment

Prometa

I caught the Prometa segment. Started out very promising (too promising?)-- the few people they interviewed, hardcore addicts all (meth, alcohol, cocaine), swore by it. Then, of course, came the debunking part, with doctors weighing in saying there was no real proof, no gold standard of double-blind studies involving placebos, etc., etc.

And then, of course, there's the founder's past with the junk bonds. Plus, they never really delved into how, and why, he researched and latched onto this "cure." Was he personally motivated, and why? What's his "medical" background? What does he stand to gain financially?

Jury's still out, was my takeaway.

But perhpas further study will prove he's onto something, who knows? I'd just rather not be a guinea pig for this particular experiment, though. Not to the tune of $15,000. I need more proof!

-HopefulNow
                          Taking it all in

Comment

Prometa

ILD

Isn't LT great! He seems so real and GREATFUL and to have a mentor of Sweet William, who better to be an example of a true HERO, not just a good ball player but a gentleman.

I liked that segment. As for the other, well, they kept making excuses why they didn't have a true drug testing regiment......made me a bit suspicious, w/o knowing the founder's background.

My two cents

Comment

Working...
                            X