Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

for those of you who are af ( Not moderating)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey guys. i was wondering for those of you who decided you just couldnt moderate, did u guys try the mwo kudzu? just curious because im on my last attempt to moderate but havent done the kudzu properly for more than two days..

I am not drinking.... mods wouldn't work for me. I like to keep on going when I do drink. Which sucks, but that is just the way I am.

I haven't tried the kudzu. So I can't help you on that one. I pretty much did a vitamin regime, ate well, and drank lots of water. I was on St. John's Wort for several months, which I really felt helped me from dipping into a depression.

I wanted to respond because I didn't want your thread to go unnoticed. I am sure there are other abstainers who tried the kudzu.

Comment

Hey you, me!

I came to MWO quite late on and definitely after my craving period had finished so as far as Kudzo goes I'm afraid I cannot be of any service either. I am someone though who is totally A/F and has been for the last 3 months ( It would be 6 but I had a lapse!). I didn't use any supplements at the time of my cravings as I was using Antabuse and that seemed to be enough to deter me from drinking.

I still get days like AFM when I somehow just wish I could have a drink so I could go to see a band play or go to a rave etc without having to worry about feeling out of place. More often that not though It doesn't bother me and the more I grow away from drink It will bother me even less. Abstinence doesn't make the hear grow fonder (for drink) in my eyes anymore!!

Love and Happiness
      Hippie
      xx
      "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
      Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

I want to be an abstainer, and am at times. But the kudzu helps me, either way. I wake up every day saying "I will not drink today". I go to bed every night (almost) saying, "thank goodness I managed to not drink too much today, tomorrow I will not drink".
        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

I think the Kudzu works great for abs. It has really helped me with the cravings. I would highly recommend it. Day 29 AF today.

Comment

Hi Me: I went cold turkey. In about a weeks time it's going to be 6 months AF for me. When into my second week of AF I took Campral (2 pills, 3x's a day for 1 month). I didn't take Kudzu. I read and posted on MWO a lot. The longer I went AF, the better I felt. I wish I could give you advise regarding Kudzu, but I don't have any experience with it although I purchased 2 bottles of it. I'm hoping more people on this site can giveyou sound advice. -Reenie
            September 23, 2011

Comment

I tried moderating SEVERAL times before I realized IT WASN'T EVER going to happen for me. Some of us can, but some of us just can't...hard to accept, but sometimes you just can not moderate!

Comment

I think working on being AF and focusing on that for now is your best bet me.
                the supplements are great too.
                You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

At first I wanted to moderate and took both the Kudzu and L-Glutamine and they did help and still help. But.....I decided after going overboard a couple of times that AF is the way for me to go. I do also think that moderating can only have a chance if AF is achieved for at least 30 days.

This alchohol thing is a very complicated issue. The supps help, but they are not the entire answer......in other words.....they are not an instant miracle cure. They are a support.
                  Best Wishes,
                  KateH
                  A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Hey guys, thanks. I dont really have a choice to try the supplements right now, because my boyfriend really wants us to be af together. So im going to try af again. if we decide to drink moderately, i will be sure im taking those supplements, even if i feel they take away the pleasurable alcohol feelings. this is life, and it really really sucks. i hate the fact that i drink and feel buzzed and somewhat drunk and then im told later everything i said or did and how stumbly i was. ( and i cannot recall it) i hate it so much. i wish i wasnt like this. we all do.
                    Tkeene-yes, i tried antabuse. it was a gosend, and worked well. onthe antabuse, you cannot drink at all, so i didnt have the choice. if anyone wants to be af, i think antabuse is the way temporarily to go. i really would like to be able to go out on a weekend with my friends, and just not get to the point where the night was a blur. but it happens to often if its a friday party night out. so ya

Comment

My doctor told me to stop for 6 months so i stopped. fullstop.
                      Amazing i'd had all the excuses in the world, but then when he said "do you think you can?" i just said "yes" and did it.
                      Proved something to me.
                      It makes a big difference afterwards when you want to moderate, or even just have the occasional one or two (and the odd slip up) that you know you can do it - stop that is.
                      Cheers
                      Cashy
                      "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

Working...
                      X