Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Allen Carr`s Easy Way to quit fags.........not!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, well sometimes you do get side effects for a few weeks. I got them on Prozac and they went away in a few weeks.

So what do you want to do to your teeth?

Comment

I always jump slightly when I see the word "fags" in a post! Remember some here are Americans...and we were wondering why you wanted to give up your nice gay male friends!!

Seriously, I never smoked but am sending you best wishes for quitting. You'll feel better and your clothes/car/house/hair will smell better!

I also want to know about your dental goals. My sister lives in England, and she's had the very devil of a time getting corrective orthodontia for her three children. FORGET National Health---a pretty smile with white, even teeth means nothing to that mismanaged system. She's had to go private, of course (as does anyone who wants anything done fast and well over there, right?) but even then, the dentists don't seem to understand why Americans want "movie-star teeth." I mean---who wants to look like Camilla Parker Bowles, or her horse?
      Jane Jane

Comment

LMAO jane jane! Loved the Camilla Parker Bowles/horse comment. Too frigging funny! And ... how soooo very true!

Comment

LOl with the Fags, that term has a whole different meaning to us USA folks.....

Anyway when I quit smoking with Allen Carr's book it worked great but it wasn't my only tool. I also used Wellbutian (anti depressant drug and used for quit smoking) and an online support group called The Q or Quitnet. That combo together worked great for me and I had smoke had for over 20 years but I was really ready for it also. So you might want to gather more tools and regroup for the next time! I know you can do it, it just takes time. I had started thinking about it about 10 months before and started planning about 10 weeks before! But once I was ready I did find smoking easier to quit than drinking...most have been more ready to give smoking up than drinking....
          "Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." -- Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

I want 2 crowns.........dentist says I don`t need them, so refused to do them, but I consider it`s in my best interests to have them and seeing as how it`s MY smile, I consider it should be MY choice. Best of it is, I didn`t even ask him to do them on NHS, as material is substandard and I want porcelain ones done privately. He won`t do them privately and is not allowed to recommend another dentist who may do it, so I have to source my own understanding dentist.........Bah humbug!!! :H

Nancy, thanks for the advice on the prozac........I know I`m just going to have to weather the jitters until the drug settles in my system. It`s just such a shame that we encounter such teething troubles with antidepressants, but hope to hang in there with this one.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Star, why didn't u bite ur dentist? That would have left a good impression on him........oh boy, it's gonna be a long day the way I'm feeling...........:H

Comment

Bite him?..........nah.........he wasn`t cute. :H

Comment

lonely this Xmas

A little of topic here star but how long have you been single?

I happened to watch VH1 last night and heard Mud singing 'lonely this Christmas' AGAIN!!

I'm just concentrating and putting all my thoughts and efforts into enjoying this first Xmas sober with my daughter!!. Although this is the my first Xmas sober in 10 years, It is also my first Xmas single in 12 years as well so I guess I'm pretty much in the same boat as you hun!!!

Love and Happiness
                  Hippie
                  xx:upset:

p.s. I don't mean I'm looking for a man neither!!
                  "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                  Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

You'd better be careful Hippie, if Star bites the people she likes imagine if you insult her! I've tried though.......to no avail....LOL :H

Comment

How long have I been single, hip? Quick answer would have to be...........NOT QUITE LONG ENOUGH!!! :H

Hart!!!.........behave yourself!!!.........you know you love me dearly.lol

Starlight Impress x

Comment

I actually do, but behaving myself, especially in the ubber hyper mood I am......is beyond me.:yougo:

Comment

No worries.........can be heap big fun to misbehave, provided we don`t get caught. LMAO :bigwink:

Comment

Btw hart........that`s some amount of work you`re getting through today!! lol

Comment

Aint that the truth. Let's see, I wrote two checks, I did two travel vouchers, I ran around (which is how I am feeling) looking for some timesheets, I also reset a person's access code on their phone.

I'm exhausted! LOL......wonder if anyone minds I don't post time today? :H

Comment

As to fags - friend of mine walked into a bar in Boston and asked someone if he could "bum a fag" - Oz term for getting a ciggy off someone. Boy did he get some looks.

Cashy
                                "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

Working...
                                X