stupid question hehehe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stupid question hehehe

Hey, I may seem dumb, but the answer never really occurred to me until now. when i go out and drink, i feel buzzed after a few, just beginning or about to feel drunk... and its a good ok feeling. then suddenly , I wake up the next morning and can remember wel up until a point, and then everything else was blurry or periods of no memory... now i couldnt understand this. i finally realized why maybe... is it true that the alcohol in your stomach, or whatever, all of a sudden catches up to you and hits you hard? does what im asking make sense? because im confused-if you were to drive, you could count your drinks, and they tell you every hour a drink leaves your system. so i never thought of it as the alcohol taking awihle to hit you, until ive been trying to make sense for the remembering the night, and then not remember the night. and why it just seems to hit me like a ton of bricks. anyone have an answer?

stupid question hehehe

Hi 145,

Do you tend to drink lots of different types during the evening? Beer then cocktails with assorted shots in between. When I was younger, I found that this type of combo had the same affect on me.

Comment

stupid question hehehe

well, maybe yeah.. the other hellish night i had i was just drinking wine.. but wine is high in alcohol so that is why i went down quick... no more wine.. i know i gotta stick to light beer if i go to a bar eventually.

Comment

stupid question hehehe

For some reason wine always did it to me, too. Dry mouth, swollen hands, etc. I just don't see the popularity for it. But thats just me. Haven't had wine in about 15 years and do not ever intend to again. I rarely go out to drink these days anymore, but when I do I try to get a decent, moderately sized meal beforehand and stick with the same poison for the night.

luck

Comment

stupid question hehehe

Me 145, what you had was a Black Out. Black out are very unpredictable and very scary. It is not about what type of alcohol you drink, it is part of the disease. Having blackouts is a sign that the disease of alcohol is progressing.

I hope that you get this worked out.......I really love being AF.......no plans at the moment to try mods again. We'll see.
          A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

stupid question hehehe

If you are drinking fast, it will eventually hit you like a ton of bricks. When I drank, I did not sip... I gulped. I felt like you and the buzz was great, then I woke the next day wondering what the heck happened!

I was having black outs for the most part my last year of drinking, and it was scary. I thank God, almighty that nothing happened to me, my kid, nor my home during this phase.

Being AF, is actually a wonderful thing, you should give it a try!

Comment

stupid question hehehe

I just went back a read several post's that you have written,me145, it seems that "black outs" are not a new thing to you. It also appears that you have tried many things, including antibuse. It also sounds like you have recently had a few very bad episodes involving your drinking. The only one that can make you stop drinking is you. I also must say that I do not think that blacking out is funny....."hehehe"??????? What's up with that?

We are all here for pretty much the same reason, to stop drinking...some, a few are able to mod successfully after a period of 30 days or more AF. None of us think that this is a laughing matter.
              KateH
              A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

stupid question hehehe

Hi me. have you read 7 weeks to sobriety? there are many types of drunks or alcoholics.
                you sound like the allergic type.
                you can get the book from amazon pretty cheap used. the book has a test to determine what type of problem you have and also suggestions on how to care for it.
                keep in touch
                Trix
                You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

stupid question hehehe

Hi trixietrack ,Could you describe the allergic type??thanks

Comment

stupid question hehehe

I have to agree with Kate on this one. You are blacking out. I am too familiar with this as it has happened to me more times than I can count. Luckily, I am home and not driving but it doesn't change the fact that it is a sure sign of a problem. I don't think it matters one bit what kind of alcohol you drink. If you get enough in your system, it effects your short term memory, so that you cannot take your experiences and get them from short to long term. Hence, the next day, things after a certain point (when enough poison went to your brain) cannot be recalled. Sometimes, memories may be there and hazy, or can be recalled if prompted, like if you find something from the night before, or someone reminds you of something said or done. This is sometimes referred to as "graying out". It is horrible. I have had forgotten conversations...embarrasing at best. If you are out doing things, you can wake up to find you have slept with someone you never met, hurt someone, or god forbid worse. I am not preaching here, just being honest. Take it seriously. I wish you the best

Beth
                    formerly known as bak310

Comment

stupid question hehehe

"Low tryptophan stores trigger blackouts".
                      "...This also underlies any depression and sleeplessness they are experiencing."

(From "Seven Weeks to Sobriety")
                      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

stupid question hehehe

Allergic type

Flyboy;238613 wrote: Hi trixietrack ,Could you describe the allergic type??thanks
                        I don't have the book in front of me, so I can only give you a brief description.
                        when you have a few drinks you may flush in the early stages of alcoholism.
                        having extreme personality and mood changes after drinking (dr jeckyll and mr hyde personality)
                        blackouts.
                        there are more will check in later when I have the book in front of me.
                        some one actually started a thread here with the questionaire.

what type of alcoholic or drinker are you?

Comment

stupid question hehehe

Thanks for sharing that trixie.

I was exactly that when drinking. Someone once said to me that I could be allergic to alcohol, and I kind of laughed. Hmmmm... something to look into further just for the sake of it.

Comment

stupid question hehehe

according to 7 weeks to sobriety, that is a tough one to beat, cause you are allergic and addicted.
                            talk about a vicious cycle

Comment

stupid question hehehe

They are called "biotypes".

1. Nonalcoholic Chemistry (Normal Drinker)
                              2. Nonalcoholic (Alchohol-Intolerant) Chemistry
                              3. Nonalcoholic Hypoglycemic Chemistry (May mistakenly be labeled alcoholic)
                              4. II ADH/THIQ Alcoholic Chemistry
                              5. Allergic/Addicted Alcoholic Chemistry
                              --"Alcohol will exhilirate you at first, but you often lose control and may drink until drunk."
                              Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Working...
                              X