guns at christmas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

guns at christmas

WOW! some bloke who lives on the Leasowe Estate where I used to live (Sally and Jasmine are still living there by the way!!) has decided to vent his anger by taking a gun and shooting all his windows out. When the police arrived and tried to remove the guy from the property he decided to start shooting at the police as well. Tear gas has been used but still he remains holed up in his flat. I had just left the gym in Leasowe and wondered what all the commotion was about and with the amount of police in the area and roads being blocked off, traffic diverted etc I thought there must be a visit by some royalty or politician to the millenium centre. Sal's sister couldn't get into her home and had to park her car outside Sal's and walk right round the back of the estate away from the danger zone. They are taking precautions in case he gets out and goes on a mad shooting spree and all the kids have been kept indoors in school all day as it has been going on since about 12 O'clock today!!

I've only just been told all this when I rang Sally not half an hour ago!! I expect it will be on the news this evening no doubt.

I'm heading back down to see Jasmine tonight as she is not too well at the moment and she needs some daddy cuddles before bed so no doubt I will try and update you more later.

Scary shit of what!!

Hippie
    xx
    "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
    Clean and sober 25th January 2009

guns at christmas

Big Hugs...hope everything is OK!!!
    Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

guns at christmas

The world has gone to pot..........crazy.

Comment

guns at christmas

I agree with Star. The world has gone to pot. I hope no one ends up hurt.

Comment

guns at christmas

If he were here where I woke up to 13 degrees weather and proceeded to shoot out all his windows, THEN, he'd be right certifiable. Hey, I thought they didn't have guns in UK?

Comment

guns at christmas

Hippie, give Jasmine an extra hug, I will put the news on.........

Take care love,

BB xx
            sigpicXXX

Comment

guns at christmas

Well, I positively hate guns..period! There were two horrible shooting incidents in Colorado over the weekend, both happed at churches. One church in a suburb of Denver and the second one at a church in Colorado Springs, and........it was the same freakin gunman! I agree with Star....what is wrong with people??? How can anyone murder somone? Much less people you do not even know. One family lost two teenage daughters in all of this...........yes, it is crazy and senseless!
              A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

guns at christmas

Hippie,

Give Jasmine a big hug and hold her tight.

I am hoping that this mess ends soon and with no one hurt.

Cindi
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

guns at christmas

holy shite (of course, not so unusual stuff in the US news, doesn't even make headlines anymore.) what is it with the gun folk?
                  Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

guns at christmas

Hippie, I hope everything is well. That's scary stuff.
                    "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

guns at christmas

That is scarey Hippie. I hope everybody is alright.

Crazy shit going on all over the planet ... so hard to believe what some people a capable of...

I wish mean people would just self destruct & explode!
                      Leave more space & oxegen for us nice folks!:h :l
                      The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

guns at christmas

jeez hippie I thought the gun thing was an American thing. be careful and give your little one a big security blanket hug.
                        it's allowed to have guns over there? I can totally expect that kind of crap in my hood, but it's the ghetto under gentrification which is pissing everybody off.
                        You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

guns at christmas

guns at Xmas used to be a joyous thing in my youth...we'd look at the long boxes under the tree (at times when we had money) and wonder if it would be a new .22, maybe a shotgun for the bird season? guns were positive, needed and part of our recreation. we had shooting programs at school and it was normal to bring guns to school for show and tell and for the team events. Guns are still are in my life and with my family and friends. It's amazing to think of how humanity has changed so dramatically for the worst and so fast.
                          it doesn't matter what the tool is...in extremely poor countries where guns are simply not affordable they kill each other in droves with firebombs and machetes. we don't have a gun problem we have a humanity problem. The world is very sick.

Hope you are safe Hippie....
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                          X