Stop the ride........I want to get off.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys........going back to bed to see if I can sleep. Hope I wake up in morning and feel somewhere near normal. Night night all. x

Comment

memarcie;239511 wrote: MyHeart, I actually had to take Effexor at night because it made me so tired. I tried in the morning, but it didn't work, my psych said ok to switch to night.
      Cool, I will definitely check into it, I have not tried that one!

I have tried Lexepro, Prozac, Zoloft, Tofranil, Elavil, Remeron, and Paxil....as you can see I've been through a lot!!! Unless you tend to have paradoxical reactions to meds there might be hope for me with this Effexor Are you still taking it?
      Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
      - George Jackson

Comment

LOL @ Hart....AD of any forms do not work for me and I have tried them all. I'm not really depressed. I, like you, Starlight, have anxiety. My OBGYN, of all people, put me on buspirone to be used as needed for anxiety, it's non-addictive becauce you can't tell you take it other than you feel less stressed...meaning, you don't feel as if you have taken a valium. Not sure how that works. Actually, I forget to take it and should. I have tried so many anti-depressants and I just flat-line....I don't feel happy, I don't feel sad, I don't feel anything. I'd rather be sad than feel nothing. I want to feel something! I'm a very passionate person and they just took everything away. I hated them. Everything is personal for everyone. I have a friend who does great on them. I don't mean that they don't work for some, they do....just for some they don't.

Comment

Maggiemoo, like you, I 've tried about every SSRI available, and I know they are not for me. MyHeart, just a warning about Effexor-- it sent me through the roof, no the solar system. I was wild, crazy, could not stop moving. If not for my husband pinning me down, I'd have jumped out the window, not because I was suicidal, just crazy. I called the doc the next day and she said, "oh, that's typical, just ride it out". I said "did you hear me?" I threw out the pills and found a new doctor.

Just goes to show you how different we all are (and how idiotic doctors can be). Still I'd give it a go, since it works for so many-- just be prepared, since you haven't responded well to other SRRIs.

I haven't tried buspirone or any trycyclics-- that might be the way to go for you. Maybe for you too Star??? Wellbutrin and Remeron, as earlier mentioned, sound like other possibilities (that I haven't tried).

You can find out people's personal reactions and ratings of different drugs at: Drugs & Treatments - Revolution Health. I've found this site very useful.

Anyway, as I feel under control at the moment with the lith oratate I'll keep on. (forgot to mention I use the nose spray for panic attacks-- works well). I also pop lots of Calms Forte and valerian. I'm pretty much taking some kind of supplement every time I open my mouth.
          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Me too Beatle - scared to open mouth these days

And that happened to me on Effexor too - well I saw birds (flying around) our lounge room - what a trip - had to get locum out to give me valium injection! My Husband was freaked. My current Dr said effexor specially bad for those with manic tendencies - cause works on different chemical pathways that are very "enabling" - ouch!! Yep i'd call it an a-typical anti-depressant!

Another good site I love is:Psycho-Babble
            "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

My mouth is pretty much always open. Has to be to get the 197 supplements plus into me during my waking hours. (Occasionally I eat something, too).
              Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

Hey Beatle my drug of choice got a 9 on your site - only one comment thought

hehe

Comment

197 supplements - you rattle girl!!!
                  You must have done so much work to find out which goes with what - my hat's off to ya!
                  Cashyx

Comment

do you mind if I ask, what is your drug of choice?

Comment

Well not my choice!!!- I take tegretol as mood stabiliser and seroquel when things get real bad - the high hits in other words (and also great for sleep which i'm renowned for going days without). Will not touch benzos - been there done that had the withdrawal...Also take lots of B group vitamins (yep I take vitamins!) and that's about it for now - we are still working out the dose of the tegretol - just went on it as Lamictal (which was absolutely brilliant) gave me a nasty allergic reaction and ended up in hospital....typical

Comment

Cashregister;239750 wrote: Me too Beatle - scared to open mouth these days

And that happened to me on Effexor too - well I saw birds (flying around) our lounge room - what a trip - had to get locum out to give me valium injection! My Husband was freaked. My current Dr said effexor specially bad for those with manic tendencies - cause works on different chemical pathways that are very "enabling" - ouch!! Yep i'd call it an a-typical anti-depressant!

Another good site I love is:Psycho-Babble
                        Hmmm, I have "a-typical" depression (because it has been "lifelong") due to an abusive childhood (let's not go there) but those SSRI's made me manic....so maybe I have manic tendencies??

My husband always says the 6 weeks I was on Zoloft were the best 6 weeks of his life! That's because he wasn't yet medicated for his bipolar and I had entered his (manic) world via "Zoloft avenue". I was running around naked (what is it about being high as a kite that makes one remove one's clothes????) or almost naked 24/7, swinging off the chandeliers and f*ing his brains out every way one could imagine and in every part of the house about 12 times a day. After several days without sleep I just couldn't go on. It was fun while it lasted though To this day I wonder if any neighbors ever saw us while we were in the swimming pool, down by the boat dock, on the balconies, etc. Zoloft + Myheart=Crazy Freak, LOL!
                        Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
                        - George Jackson

Comment

zoloft just made me maniacally paranoid. I thought people were following me, I interpreted everything said to me as a secret message from aliens. I never slept (unless I drank copious amounts, which I often did). I made it through about 3 weeks and then dropped it (my husband begged me to-- was tired of explaining where he had been when he popped off to the loo).

Comment

cashy, I took tegretol for a while, too. Didn't seem to do much. I still have a bunch of it in my "meds" drawer. How much are you taking?

Comment

600 mgs a day so far - give your stuff to pharmacist - they will get rid of it for you.

It's stopping me from being manic so fine by me- remember everyone's brain chemistry is different.

Comment

My Heart - may well be cyclothymic or bipolar, one of the sure signs is going manic on an anti depressant - that's why I can't take them anymore. Then again, may have just been the Zoloft and you may be very sensitive! Very sensitive indeed!! Can have nedication induced mania that is not like mine, a part of my brain wiring!

That sounds like mania to me - specially the sex bit - my hubby misses that when i'm just plain old hypomanic Poor guy! Mania can be a hoot for a while until you start to buy property and get onto the share market!

Comment

Working...
                                X