Stop the ride........I want to get off.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just checking in before i go to bed....hope all had a merry christmas..ha Also hoping I didn't make you all mad at what I said. I was hoping for a response of some kind. But it is Christmas but if I don't get one, then perhaps, this isn't the place for me. Maybe there is no place for me. Lord knows I haven't found one yet.

Comment

Maggiemoo, I think it's only natural that would have stronger and protective feelings for your son & grand daughters, they are your own blood & you love them.:h
      I'm sorry I don't have any advise for you, I'm not really familiar with bi-polar...
      It certainly sounds like you have a whole lot going on in your life & a lot of stress & family dynamics involved, which is never easy. Especialy @ this time of year.

Just wanted to let ya know I'm here. And offer you a :l .
      Merry Christmas Sweetie. :welcome:
      Wish I'd have seen this sooner. Hope you stick around.
      All the best to you & yours ....
      Judie
      The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Maggiemoo,
        Please dont feel too alone. My ex-husband whom I married when I was very young was bipolar. Neither of us knew it until several years after we divorced. But once I got educated on it, I would look back and "see" how it all fit the picture. Its very scary, and I lived in fear all the time. It must be a tough position to be in knowing your son and granddaughters are living in this situation.

I think what you did by going to your granddaughter and being there for her, letting her sleep with you was a HUGE thing. It let her know that this is "not okay". She needed comfort and safety, and you provided that for her. She has to live in it, but you will be that light that lets her know that something is wrong with this picture.

You sound like a wonderful grandmother to me.

P4T
        If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

Maggiemoo,

I am so sorry there were so few responses to your post because of Christmas. I had to put up my laptop for the day and I am sure many others did, too, as Christmas unfolded around us.

However, my heart goes out to you, your son and your grandchildren. What a stressful situation for all. My heart also goes out to your DIL who is in the throes of a horrible disease she cannot control.

Nothing good can be said about any of it.

Hopefully, this year your family can help her find true help (there are many meds out there that do) and she can get better. No, life's stresses will not go away but that one might get better.

I do NOT think you should apologize for your feelings. I, too, am a mom who is devoted to her husband, her children and her grandchildren. I would fight to the death for them. Unfortunately, because I am a drunk, sometimes they are in the positition of having to fight for my life.

Know you have friends here who care and we will listen to anything you have to say and we hope it makes your life a little easier.

I care.

Love,
          Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Maggiemoo, God bless you. so sorry that that I don't have any advice for you. I have so much admiration for you because of the caring and love you have for your son and grandchildren. How blessed they are to have you in their lives.

Wish I could do something to make your life easier.

I've discovered on this site, that friends are better than family.

My heart goes out to you. You have so many people behind you.

love, s xxxx

Comment

MaggieMoo,
              Bipolar Disorder is such an ugly disease. Much like when we go out and get drunk, these people do not remember much of what they are doing when they are going through their different swings of mania and depression. When she is having a "stable" day, your son really needs to sit down and talk to her about the situation. For the sake of those babies. she needs serious help. It is a manageable disorder, but it cannot be taken lightly; it takes hard work. Maybe he can somehow record her when she is having one of her less than attractive moments. If she refuses any kind of help, your son may have to step up and have her checked in somewhere against her will.
              Hang in there. There are resources out there for her, as well as for your son and babies. I am sure there is some type of support group for those living with a person who is bipolar.
              Goal 1: Today
              Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

Judy, Pat, Suki, Lukilee....Sorry, I was just feeling sorry for myself. If you have kids you know nothing hurts you worst than they do. I have often said if I knew then what I know now, I wouldn never had any and I would be a happy woman....now because I don't care but because I care too dang much. I just needed to hear I'm not a creep for not feeling sorry for her. Actually, right now I do. she's better, as she always gets but the hurt just keeps building. The one thing my granddaughter said when she got in bed with me was...but this isn't my mommies fault. I said, no, it isn't but....don't think for a minute that this is a way to handle a problem because it isn't. It's all I knew to say. I worried about it until I have made myself sick. I have to stop. It is afterall, their problem. But my son told me not to email him, not to text message him (because she checks it). I never know when to call him because of his hours. I can hardly have any contact with him. There is help for her, books he needs to read but I have to talk to him privately to tell him and it seems I'm the only one doing the research.ha I give up. I'm just going to go have a nice glass of red wine....or two. winks

Thank you all....do you ever just need someone to talk to and you can't share this stuff with your friends because it is betraying your son so....I hope 2008 is a better year. I ordered all the books, cd's, meds, etc....so, I hope it will be. Have a happy new year.

Comment

Cindy, Your message was very kind...didn't mean to leave your name out.

Comment

Working...
                  X