I'm Done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm Done

This is my new favorite expression. After a couple of drinks when you're offered another don't you just feel great saying..... "No thanks, I'm done"

"I'm done"......so simple yet it works for me. It's my mantra for all these holiday parties.....I have 5 this weekend! This is a month to be strong for all of us :h
    Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
    - George Jackson

I'm Done

"No thanks, I'm good"-- that's what I've heard my American friends say. I like that one.
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

I'm Done

Yes but "I'm good" means you might be ready for another in a bit just not at that moment. "I'm done" means don't bother offering me again for the night because "I'm done"....as in for the rest of the night. Both are good expressions to have in one's mind while heading out to the party
      - George Jackson

Comment

I'm Done

I just say i'll take a water thank you. although that doesn't work at "the liver bender lounge".
        cause they'll still give you booze, so I just let it sit there, and after a while someone else drinks it.
        trix
        You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

I'm Done

the liver bender lounge? what is that?
          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

I'm Done

I just say gin and soda...hold the gin......all night....winks

Comment

I'm Done

Absolutely Trix! Take the drink...put it down and wait....it's soon snapped up by someone else isn't it!! Remarkably quickly sometimes!!!!
              :heart: c: :heart:
              "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

I'm Done

Or, if it's a houseparty, go to the bathroom and pour it down the drain.
                The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

I'm Done

Hannah;239465 wrote: Or, if it's a houseparty, go to the bathroom and pour it down the drain.
                  Ingenious!
                  - George Jackson

Comment

Working...
                  X