• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Food issue morning after - please help!

oopsie !!! Didn't mean to make things worse for you Hon :0

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

I've always heard about Aussies and their "Vegemite" ... What is it made from ? Anybody ?

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

vegemite is a yeast extract - lovely stuff
        "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

Berocca upon awakening, lots of water then maybe:
          1). Toast and vegemite [B1, B2 & B9] no butter.
          2). Big fresh cheese and salad roll.
          3). Yes to boost juice but personally cannot stand their horrible music and requirement of giving first name to be called out when ready. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
          4) Back to lots of water
          5) Hard boiled eggs with toast and vegemite
          6) Age old rule, fresh is best
          Enjoy your day
          Cheers

Comment

Thanks everyone - I went with the old sausage roll and iced coffee - it is lovely!

If I was at home the hard boiled eggs with vegemite on toast would have been magnificent - bets that's what I have for dinner tonight before I crawl into bed with my book.

I didn't have alot to drink last night ( bout 5 glasses of wine) but I have made up my mind to stop it here - went downhill last yesr this time, and my medications are still not completely stable and I don't want to end up back in hospital again.

So I am going to be a good good girl!!!!
            Love you all

And yes Victory, I hate the "boost Juice" routine also - feeling bad enuf!

Comment

Hah! That was a nice twist to the tale! A sausage roll and Iced Coffee!

Glad it's hitting the spot!

Comment

I am still hungry - oh well have a big spud with sour cream/cheese etc for lunch - carbs are what I need next!!!

Thanks for all the superb advice!

Cashy
                xxx

Comment

McD's double cheeseburger, fries, and diet coke worked for me today. I know this is not healthy, but it settled my stomach and that's all I really cared about at the moment. I don't know why greasy food settles a hangover stomach, but it always works for me. Now, I'm back here to get back on program and stop having those hungover mornings alltogether. What a waste!

Comment

For me it was either a Bagel smothered in cream cheese, or a drive through McDonalds for an egg McMuffin and Sausage.

Man, I certainly am not going to miss those dreaded hung over-work mornings.

Comment

Fried eggs and whole wheat toast and then go back to bed. As to drink, any electrolyte replacement drink: gatorade, Gu20, Ultima Replenisher... you can get powdered electrolyte replacement at sporting goods stores and mix with water.
                      And you may ask yourself, "What is that beautiful house?" And you may ask yourself, "Where does that highway go?" And you may ask yourself,"Am I right?...Am I wrong?" And you may tell yourself..."MY GOD!...WHAT HAVE I DONE?"

Comment

Not a waste, just a hiccup honey.

I don't need to settle the tummy, I just have the munchies!!!!!

You will be fine - it's a hard time of year.

As for the greasy food, me too - though I don't know how you do the diet coke! I love hot chips and coke in bed for brekky after a good "bad" night. Unfortunately at work so can't do that. At least i'm here, shows I was a pretty good girl last night - but things are starting to get back outta control so...no more for a bit.

Cashy
                        x

Comment

What is a salad roll?
                          I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Surely you are not serious? But then again, you merkins call scones, biscuits.

I give up.

Comment

Aussie Icons apart from vegemite includes salad rolls

Dearest American Lushy, a salad roll is an Aussie icon. You may call it a bagel thingy but here there is no hole in the middle and the bread has not been boiled!! WTF?. who boils bread???? Do they boil socks too? Bread roll usually round [no hole] and includes: Cheese slice [and not that orange dyed stuff that you guys call cheese, cheese is made from milk and should be butter coloured or else is a tad dodgy], lettuce, shredded carrot, tomato, cucumber and cannot be authentic without beetroot slices, salt and pepper. Yummy and fresh is best for hangovers. Classic variants include ?Ham and salad? roll, but am Vego so lips that touch ham shall never touch mine.
                              Cheers

Comment

ok, well this is a tough one.

not much for breakfast suggestions unless you make it at home and who has time for that?

Best advice eating out for me is bagel toasted with lots of lowfat cream cheese and veg on top.

or at home:
                                egg beaters in an omelette with lowfat cheese, vegetables, with side of lean meat

lunch is easier:
                                soup, think won ton soup or big bowl of chicken noodle.

dinner:
                                whole wheat pasta with creamy sauce (lowfat garlic and herb cream cheese mixed with lowfat milk)

Comment

Working...
                                X