IM SO MAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IM SO MAD

now I understand, they clearly need to look in the mirror. 2 weeks AF is fabulous.
    congratulations
    You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

IM SO MAD

way to go jacqui - seriously. You worked it out and you're keeping to your AF goal. That's the most important thing. Right on!!!!!:goodjob:

Comment

IM SO MAD

and Jacqui,

You made it!

How awesome is that?? Do not let your "friends from the past" who want you to be a "drinking" person put you down.

I am thinking for my family I can buy a whole lot more fireworks for New Year's Eve than I ever did before...

My grandkids love the fireworks, I love the guys (hubby and son) who shoot them off amd will be so GRATEFUL to be sober.

If my kids and DIL want to be drunk, fine, just DO NOT DO IT IN FRONT OF ME!! Not only do they "know" this, they WANT THIS. How lucky can a woman be? Hubby does not drink and her kids who do simply want the best for mom? OMG I am so blessed.

Jacqui - so should you be. I actually (lol) have friends who do not drink and they are very excited about spending time with me not drunk. Like I said, "I am blessed" and so should you and your baby be.

Christmas for me will be tough, New Year's will be tough, all the minutes in between wll be blessed. Yes???

Hang in there Jacqui!!
        Love and lots of Christmas and New Year's stuff to you,
        Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

IM SO MAD

Thanks cindi i do feel blessed in the 2 weeks AF i have really looked at my life and wondered why i drank for so long...AL really made me see things in a different light,now AF everything looks better i really cant belief how much things have change in such a small amount of time when i feel down i read one of hippies threads LOL . It really feels you guys know when to post and what to say to make things seem much better.........
          Love
          Jacqui xxx
          Mwo,s worst speller....

Comment

IM SO MAD

Way to go Jacqui!! When I read your first post, my initial response was 'ouch' that would hurt. Then I tried to picture my friends and tried to imagine if any of them would not turn up if I were not drinking - only one may make a fuss and she is the heaviest drinker. So yes your friends have the big problem honey not you. Well done for not folding after the bad news and having a drink. I am only at day13 today (this time) and this time round is the first time I have really begun to take stock of my life and (like you) wonder why I drank for soooooo long?? I haven't answered that question yet of course, but I do know that I need to make up for some lost AF time
            To our continued sobriety.................................... Well done Jacqui
            Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

IM SO MAD

Jacqui - hmmm. Yes, friends..... Well, they may be and they may have an 'ishoo' with booze....but I have sometimes found that they just don't want to sit there feeling guilty; they presume (which may or may not be true as it's different for all of us) that their drinking will be truly awful for you...that you will always be incapable of being anywhere near a glass of hooch.... This is not necessarily so but in their minds you can either drink still or fall off the planet if you even see a sealed bottle....so they feel guilty/feel they mustn't drink and steer clear...sad misunderstanding really. Perhaps they can be reassured?

It IS their stuff....lack of understanding....and just maybe, in time, they'll discover it's OK...booze (having or not having) is not important; your friendships are.

I had friends keep saying ,"Oh, sorry...do you want me to leave the room/wait until you go/drink coffee?" No wonder they didn't 'want' me there if they were thinking that! Now they know it's simply not true (for/with me anyway) it's all relaxed again....(except they don't half seem weird to me after they've had 3-4 glasses....downright jolly daft actually!! Blah!)

Good luck and I hope your Crimbo works out happily.... I'm with (social) drinkers this year....but I think it's why I have kept my counsel about any drink hassles.....people don't understand all the layers of it and the last thing we need is any more labelling...or presumptions made about us! If they don't know of a history they tend to jsut go along with the mention of soft drinks - IMHO anyway! (And nobody has any 'rights' to know why we are not taking a drink just now.....it's on a 'need-to-know-basis' and they do not need to know!

Love FMS xx
              :heart: c: :heart:
              "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

IM SO MAD

Time for NEW friends! F-em. It pisses me off. a TRUE friend loves you through it all....find friends like that.

Comment

IM SO MAD

jacqui;241802 wrote: Im so mad and upset right now..my so called friends were coming over christmas and now say they are not coming WHY...because I make them feel uncomfortable not drinking....I dont fucking believe it I feel like going round and slapping them....and im not a violent person......I just keep shaking my head cause i cant believe it...now im crying and i dont know why...They know i have a drink problem and i really thought they would support me....really learning who my friends are now!GOD IM SO MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  hi.
                  I think also that your friends if one day they stop drinking they'll be back..
                  I think it's just too hard for them .. they feel guilty..

hang in there..

Comment

Working...
                  X