Does The Body Detox?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does The Body Detox?

Hi all! I am new here and I have a question. I have been drinking too much for years- binge like mostly. Last six months- daily about a pint of vodka or whiskey at night with snacks. For a million reasons- I stopped and had my last drink Wednesday night. I have found myself sleeping a lot. Tonight I woke up with a strong taste of booze (like vodka & lime)- you know like after a night of drinking. Is this part of my body's detoxification? Slight headache- I have been on no meds except for an occasional Advil. I am eating decent food and exercising.

I would like to pop in here when I get the urge to drink. I don't drink much out- or ever drive drunk. I drink alone and a lot- and I want to stay on this new road, but know that I cannot do it alone.

Thank you!

Does The Body Detox?

hi babyboomer that sounds like your body is detoxing and releasing toxins. it comes out of your pores too. drink a lot of water to help you flush out the toxins that your body is getting rid of.
    You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Does The Body Detox?

That Makes

sense Trixie. Thanks! Yea- I am doing a ton of fluids (NA of course.

Comment

Does The Body Detox?

Great Babyboomer, from another boomer, nice to meet you!!
        The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

Does The Body Detox?

yep

Good going baby boomer, you are in the right place, and it takes a good few days to detox and sweat out all that poison we put into our bodies (god knows I have done it enough!!) Drink plenty as everyone is saying, and try to get as many alcohol free days under your belt as possible, you will feel sooooooooooooo much bettere for it!!

You will get help, support and love at this site!!!:h

Welcome!!!:welcome:

Ma:h
          :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Does The Body Detox?

Hello, from one boomer to another. They say that it takes about a week for all the poison to wash out of you. Drink lots of benign fluids and take your supplements. Our bodies have been through a lot and they are screeming out for a little TLC.
            Welcome to MWO. You will find lots of support and good advise here and you can have some much needed fun as well.
            Take good care of yourself.
            Lori
            *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
            X