cant chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cant chat

Hi im new to computers and cant get into chat.....keeps saying it has blocked for my protection....have tried with protected mode off and still no luck.....it asks for my permission to load i tap yes and nothing happens any help would be great....Jacqui
    Mwo,s worst speller....

cant chat

Hi Jacqui - I'm no whiz myself and had trouble figuring out how to get into chat too. But finally got in. Where are you linking from? I go to the bottom of hte main forum page (the one that lists all forum topics) and there's a list of those on the site, then a list of those in chat. I click on chat from that box and it works.
    FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

cant chat

Hi mow,
      Thanks for that i tried and no luck...heres what happens
      i press for chat and a box says..
      To help protect your security internet explorer stopped this site from installing an activex control on your computer click here for options....
      so i click then it says...
      install active x control
      windows needs your permission to continue
      windows has blocked this software because it cant verify the publisher
      and then nothing.....
      Who gave this bloody computer the right to say who and can and can not speak to,it says its for my own protection..yer right LOL......HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Love to all
      Jacqui xxx 2 weeks Af Today....just thought i would drop that in xx
      Mwo,s worst speller....

Comment

cant chat

BiG Congrats on the 14 days AF Jacqui!!
        I'm afraid your computer issue has far exceeded my ability to help. Maybe someone else will help? Or maybe PM RJ?

I've just started getting into chat the past few days. LOTS of fun - Friday and Saturday night I laughed more than I have in ages!!
        Good luck!
        FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

cant chat

now thats just rubbing it in LOL....See you there soon i hope
          Jacqui
          Mwo,s worst speller....

Comment

cant chat

Jacqui,

You may need to adjust your computer settings. If you're using Internet Explorer, try this:

Under Tools>Internet Options>Advanced, scroll down to the Security Section. Check "Allow software to run or install even if the signature is invalid".

UnCheck the following: "Check for publisher's certificate revocation" and "Warn about invalid site certificates".

If that doesn't work try this:

Go to Tools > Internet Options > Security tab > highlight Internet
            Click Custom level tab > scroll down and uncheck "Don't prompt for client certificate selection when no certificates or only one certificate exists."

You can change any of these setting back to the original afterwards.

Also, here's general info from an earlier post that wanna-be chatters may find helpful:

...you can view current members in chat by scrolling to the bottom section of the forum home page and view "Members currently using new chat." Sometimes the best way to invite others on is to simply log in and and hang out for a few minutes. I think a lot of times members take a peek to see who's in chat, don't find anyone, and move along. But if others see you there they're much more likely to log in and strike up a convo.

Here are some additional links from earlier posts:[*]Free Java download (required to run chat on your computer)[*]My original post regarding the new chat systemA follow up post
            about how to use chatHope that helps.

RJ

p.s.: Ditto on the 14 day congrats!
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Help keep our forum strong--make a contribution to My Way Out. Or show your support by becoming a Subscriber and enjoy enhanced features, as well!

Comment

cant chat

YES YES YES I DONE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              Thanks RJ
              Guess what nobody there...just my luck LOL
              Jacqui xx
              Mwo,s worst speller....

Comment

Working...
              X