Weepy Momments...tissue please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ripple, I went throught the exact same thing when I quit drinking. It was close to my second week and whammo, here came the floods of tears, emotions etc.

I honestly can sympathize because this is what drives so many to go and pick up that drink again. To stuff all of the shit back to the bottom of the pit.

I came in here and asked for help during this time. There were quite a few people who were able to help me through this. I sure as Hell didn't want to relieve this surge of pain by picking up that drink again.

I honestly thought it was the end of the world. I couldn't believe all of the shit that kept 'replaying' in my head over and over again.

BELEIVE ME, this does pass. Just ride it out. Grab a box of kleenex and eat lots of good comfort food. Sleep lots too if you can. It is all part of the healing process.

Be extra kind with yourself - OK. You are doing great and once you can get past this, you can get through the rest. I promise!

Comment

You have ALL expressed sincerity in your posts. It is truly a major part in recovery to let it out. For CaptJBean mine is as you mentioned: Crying or weeping (psychic tears), I know thats what I experience. Although the crying has lessen since the start and I was proud to say, "I'm not crying as much." Until the other day and all hell broke loose, what a wet one it was. The next day I looked better than I looked in awhile, friends at the meeting said, you look really good today. So a good cry is cleansing, and there is cry theraphy as mentioned. And also I find more of a need to sleep. Anyone who says this is easy should try it.

I thank you all for your input and understanding. It is then normal to be weepy during recovery from poison (booze) that I am allergic to. Your support is meaningful to me.

Thank you all again.

:h Ripple~

Comment

Working...
      X