Help me....to help myself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:upset: I have been reading and reading...and researching the topamax drug (and of course the kudzu..which I have been taking) My problem is no ins. sooo....as I have done in the past(with meds) I ordered the topamax online. I started with a low dose of 25 mg. Read this somewhere...now I dont even remember where...then stated 50mg. after a week and so on.. till I reach a level that is appropriate for me. I have started on the low dose...I know that this is not a site to replace medical advice...but with no $$.... I sure could use a little help from those with some exp. I would appreciate it ,if you would help me to help myself by giving me your input. Thank you.

Hi choklyteyes - I started with 25mg, upped to 50 and am now at 75 which is where I will stay. Am a bit foggy and it has helped a bit with the cravings though not as much as I would like but to be honest, I'm afraid to go any higher. Something about getting up to 200 - 300 mgs just scares me. So at 75mgs i will stay. But i agree that starting on the low dose is the smart move.
    Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
    :h

Comment

choklyteyes, hi ......

I can't help as i've never taken topa, but hang in there .....

there will be lots of experts around soon .........

BB xx
      sigpicXXX

Comment

Choklyteyes, I'd reccomend getting RJ's book if don't already have it.
        The dosing schedule is on pg 119.
        But basicaly, start out @ 25mg per week. Increasing at week two, up to 50 mg per week. But INCREASE SLOWLY BY 25 mg @ a time.(per week)

I've been on Topa for almost 2 years now, I've never gone above 100 mg.
        I do 50mg in the AM & 50mg in the PM.
        Hope this helps.
        The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Well, if you can get the book.

Also, check the medication section of this website!

hope you are ok...

Comment

yes, as nancy says-- there is extensive discussion of Topamax and other meds on the medications forum.
            Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

I'm up to 100mg... it took me a while. I'm trying for 125mg this week and will take my time. but it seems to really be kicking in. Plus, I take some of the Supps... However, I am only now noticing some hair loss. But it will be ok if it helps me lose wt. and get this under control. Then I'll come down off of it.
              Sunny Out Looks are Contagious!

Comment

I started at 25, then very slowly went to 100 which is where I have stayed for the last two or three months. I find the side effects to be mild and go away with time. I plan to stay here at 100 mg and find it helps me a lot. I also buy it online from River Pharmacy. There is a lot of good info on the Medications forum and I actually documented my whole experience of going through taking Topa and dosing up. Good luck with it. I think it is worth a try. I'm very happy with it and think it helps me a lot.
                Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Thanks for all your help here...I know now that I will be just fine xxxx oooo

Comment

Popping thread up

Comment

bump
                      Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Working...
                      X