Stay at Home Moms????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stay at Home Moms????

I just wanted to know if there are any other SAHMs out there in this community who would be interested in starting a thread or just comparing stories?
    I am a SAHM of two kiddos, ages 20months and 5 years, and I think it presents its own unique set of challenges and issues.

Looking forward to hearing from you!
    :thanks:
    AF since 7/5/2009

Stay at Home Moms????

I was a SAHM for the better part of 2 years. I have recently returned to work. My daughter is 2.5 - will be 3 in May.

I am interested in discussions about the trials and tribulations of our children. I don't have any friends whom have such young children.

Although I have been AF for almost a year, with a couple of slips in the summer, I do know the challenges little children can bring into the picture. My daughter is going through such a HORRID phase right now, I have been soooooooooo tempted to have a couple of drinks just to remain calm or keep the edge off.

I will most definitely participate!

Comment

Stay at Home Moms????

Hi im a stay at home nanna who is bringing up her 4 year old grandaughter,can i be included???????
      Jacqui
      Mwo,s worst speller....

Comment

Stay at Home Moms????

Hi
        I'm a stay at home Mr, Mom , does that work or not? My wife liked her job more than I did, so I got the new job of taking care of our son(5 years old now).

Flyboy

Comment

Stay at Home Moms????

That is so cool Flyboy, though I did know it already from chat. So good on you. I think I would like to be at home with my kids, who are still pretty young, but cannot really do that. I need the income and also I need to be independent, I mean, in case, you know?
          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Stay at Home Moms????

oh, sorry Loved1, I am very interested in being a part of this thread. You do have unique challenges. I respect very much those who choose to be home with their children.
            Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

Stay at Home Moms????

Ok, should have been more "pc"
              All stay at home "Parental units" are included :H

What are everyone's kids ages??
              AF since 7/5/2009

Comment

Stay at Home Moms????

Smart thinking, beatle........I applaud you.
                When marriages/partnerships fail........too many men conveniently "forget" they ever fathered child/ren with us.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Stay at Home Moms????

Oh......... don't get me going Star! :H

Comment

Stay at Home Moms????

Well AFM..........I guess I`m just having one of my "acidic" Girl Power moments. :H

Comment

Stay at Home Moms????

That is OK. I am feeling pretty "acidic" at the moment. (personal related)

Wake me up after Christmas, thanks!

Comment

Stay at Home Moms????

Loved1, mine are all under 10. Super great times. I enjoy them so much. I hope you do too.

Starlight, yeh, have to be ready for everything, don't we? I hope it won't come to that, but who ever knows?

Comment

Stay at Home Moms????

... and if it does, I know who to come to.

Comment

Stay at Home Moms????

I was thinking when they get that age, they will have so many after school activities to be driven around to that I would be too busy in the early evening hours to drink.
                            Figured its better to stop now, now that my 5 year old is old enough to ask why mommy drinks wine, it smells yucky
                            AF since 7/5/2009

Comment

Stay at Home Moms????

yes, it is a big help to me that I have to drive my kids around. NO drinking until after they are home for the night.

Comment

Working...
                              X