X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Goose Story

[b]
    THE GOOSE STORY

Next Fall, when you see geese heading South for the Winter, flying along in a V formation, you might consider what science has discovered as to why they fly that way.

As each bird flaps its wings, it creates an uplift for the bird immediately following.

By flying in V formation, the whole flock adds at least 71% greater flying range than if each bird flew on its own.

People who share a common direction and a sense of community get where they are going more quickly and easily because they are traveling on the thrust of another.

When a goose falls out of formation, it suddenly feels the drag and resistance of trying to go it alone and quickly gets back into formation to take advantage of the lifting power of the bird in front. If we have as much sense as a goose, we will stay in formation with those who are headed the same way we are.

When the head goose gets tired, it rotates back in the wing and another goose flies the point. It is sensible to take turns doing demanding jobs with people or with geese flying south.

Geese honk from behind to encourage those up front to keep up with their speed. Why do we consider a honk as offensive?? If we share common goals and rewards, a honk is encouragement and motivation.

Finally, and this is important, when a goose gets sick or wounded by gunshots, and falls out of formation, two other geese fall out with that goose and follow it down to lend help and protection. They stay with the fallen goose until it dies and only then do they launch out on their own, or with another formation to catch up with their group.

IF WE HAVE THE SENSE OF A GOOSE, WE WILL STAND BY EACH OTHER AND MAKE SURE THE ENTIRE "V" OR THE ENTIRE GROUP ACHIEVES THE COMMON GOAL OR IN THE CASE OF A WOUNDED GOOSE, TEND TO ITS NEEDS, AND THEN GO BACK TO ACHIEVING THE COMMON GOAL!
    A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

The Goose Story

Thank-You for that beautiful analogy God Bless and Be with you... May you have the warm sun on your face, a warm gentle breeze to push you along, and others to help show you the way so that one day you may do the same for them... xxx

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

The Goose Story

Beautiful.
      Each day comes bearing its own gifts. Untie the ribbons.

Comment

The Goose Story

This story was given to me many years ago by one of my mentors, it still hangs in my office to this day.

This analogy so perfectly describes the spirit of MWO to me!

I am so happy to share this with all my friends here...........and, thank you Cindi for telling me how to import this document!!

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

The Goose Story

Thanks Kate!
          Marcie

Comment

The Goose Story

what a beautiful thought thank you Kate will try and remember
            Jacqui
            Mwo,s worst speller....

Comment

The Goose Story

Honk, Honk, Honk !!!

Comment

The Goose Story

I love it!

But how do ducks fit in? lol

Great analogy and so perfect! Thanks for sharing.

xo

Comment

The Goose Story

I love it Kate, I am going to print it out as well.
                  The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

The Goose Story

Thanks-that was great! I'll be passing that on.
                    Life itself is the proper binge. Julia Child

Comment

The Goose Story

I am so glad that you people appreciated this as much as I do!
                      KateH

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

The Goose Story

:thanks: I thought this was going to be a recipe or something!
                        Thanks so much! That's wonderful.
                        The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

The Goose Story

Kate,

My husband told me this years ago.

However, you brought to it real meaning about an analogy of our lives and how we should live.

Thank you!!

Love,
                          Cindi
                          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

The Goose Story

Kate, wished I would have read your story yesterday.

The same family of canadian geese stopped at a friend's house on Cape Cod, on the way down south and on the return trip back north. They would peck at the back door, until fed. Would hang out for several days. This happened year after year. Then they sold their house. Don't know if they still stop.

But what a wonderful story.

I agree with Chief, Honk, honk, honk.

Comment

The Goose Story

Kate, great story and now when I see all the geese flying over my house and lake I will think of this.
                              "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Working...
                              X