I hate Christmas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate Christmas

These are the worst two days of the year for me. Just got through one, one more day of HELL to go : (

I know most people love the holidays so I am sorry for those who love it, I hope my post doesn't bring you down. This post is for those who feel like me. I'm trying to be strong. My friends treat me like gold, my family treats me like shit.

Love you all.....Myheart
    Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
    - George Jackson

I hate Christmas

I don't like christmas, but suffer with it for the sake of my family. I really don't want to go through it, but have to.

Hang in there, it's only two days.

XX.
    It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

I hate Christmas

Thanks Flip,

I knew I wasn't alone. The whole thing is a CROCK! And I am suppossed to tolerate all kinds of disrespect I would never otherwise put up with! Gold diggers leaching onto my husband, etc.

Jesus was born in the summer NOT on December 25th........but I guess the slow winter months are a good time to boost the economy......God help me,....pass the Prozac, I need it!
      - George Jackson

Comment

I hate Christmas

MyHeart - If I had not moved 4500 miles away from my family 12 years ago, I'd be right there with ya. This time of year I miss having family, but then I think about what it would be like if I still spent holidays with them - and I'm grateful. I may be spending Christmas alone, but at least it ain't with that bunch of freaks.
        Meanwhile - I do 'count my blessings' as they say. I have my little girl and the resources to get her the gifts she wants. I even got myself a few gifts. And yes, one of my blessings is that I can totally disregard my family.

Maybe by next holiday season you too can disengage from those who do not contribute to, respect or acknowledge your beauty and wonder...

Until then - get through it and be grateful for what freedom you do have from your family the rest of the year!!

(uh, I would say Merry and Happy and all that... but maybe I'll just say...
        Peace and Joy to you in whatever moments they may arise.
        FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

I hate Christmas

It's even worse when you are not a christian and hate all organised religion. My mother is deeply religeous so I have to pretend it all means something more than just consumerism.

Comment

I hate Christmas

It's horrible to say, but things will change once she is gone as none of us want to continue with the "traditional" christmas dinner thing.

I would rather be travelling overseas and enjoying other rituals and celebrations.

Comment

I hate Christmas

X-mas usually is just a lot of work. I have enjoyed it before, I have hated it before. When we don't have Evan we don't do much. We don't have Evan this year and Joe is working so, me and the pets are just hanging out.

Comment

I hate Christmas

You are not alone ...none of u! I don't hate Christmas,but do miss my family...I moved 1500 miles to get away from the chaos. Then I just continued to creat my own...LOL...so here I am. It will get easier though....hang in there!! xxoo

Comment

I hate Christmas

Its almost over....back to the regular routine tomorrow. Hang in there all. The New Years bullshit next week, then the diet starts.

Luv...Ripple

:nutso:

Comment

I hate Christmas

My diet starts tomorrow. Another 7 days of eating all this crap and I think I'll explode!

I'm hating that I'm so far from my family. I have been for a long time, but it's just making me sentimental and missing them lots this year.
                    Marcie

Comment

I hate Christmas

Unhealthy Attitudes! Why would you give away your power any day but especially on such a special wonderful day. That's very sad. You have no one else to blame but yourself! Shame on you! I love Christmas. Start your very own new tradition...
                      Sunny Out Looks are Contagious!

Comment

I hate Christmas

I'm so full of chocolate and cake....good thing for butt wipes....hubby says don't eat too much I need my gift tonite. OMG.

Ripple~:h

Comment

I hate Christmas

CaptJBean;244876 wrote: Unhealthy Attitudes! Why would you give away your power any day but especially on such a special wonderful day. That's very sad. You have no one else to blame but yourself! Shame on you! I love Christmas. Start your very own new tradition...
                          I'm not starting my own tradition because I'm not going to deprive my children of being with all their cousins, etc. I am getting ready to head off whith them and spend the day with my Mother who threw me by my hair across rooms and regularly beat the crap out of me as a child....and that's the least of it, I'll spare you the rest. My kids will never know the history, but it is still hard for me. I think I'll increase my antidpressant dose today, I'm allowed 3 more milligrams.

Have a great day everyone : )
                          - George Jackson

Comment

I hate Christmas

My Heart--You do what it takes to make it through the day and try and not let your mother get the best of you.
                            You sound like you're making it special for your kids and getting them to share their day with their cousins.
                            Increase that dose if need be!
                            Merry Christmas!

Comment

I hate Christmas

MyHeart........well done to you for putting on a brave face for your kids. :l

CaptJ.........I`ll have some of whatever you`re on, thank you!!!!! :H

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Working...
                              X