WORST Time of DAY!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WORST Time of DAY!

My trouble time is the afternoon. Just before everyone gets home from work, I WANT TO DRINK. This is when I need meds the most...how about you. Is this your hard time of the day...

HELP...Ripple~

Shirl...

WORST Time of DAY!

Hey Shirl- sorry you are having a rough time right now! It seems we all have our times or situations that are more difficult - ok awful.

Please hang in there and try to think about how happy you are going to be tonight when you go to bed sober. And think about waking up sober in the morning.
    Picture looking at yourself in the mirror in the morning and being able to say - I did it! I didn't drink.
    I hope your night gets easier.....hope that helped some.
    Lisa

Comment

WORST Time of DAY!

Me too Ripple, if I don't get the beer, if Joe doesn't bring home beer, I still wonder about it and can easily be persuaded. But, I'm tired of being drunk all the time and barely making it to 7 pm. There's more to life.

I do understand your frustration.:l

Comment

WORST Time of DAY!

Hi Ripple,me too my time is always about 5pm i find if i hold out then by 7pm the craving has gone...as long as my belly is full and i have lots of sweets LOL
        Jacqui xxx
        Mwo,s worst speller....

Comment

WORST Time of DAY!

Hello Ripple, that is when I will crave a drink too... I'm beginning to learn though that it also has to do with being hungry. If I have something to eat, I feel so much better. A cravy cannot hurt you, allow it to pass, do something, get out of the house, eat something healthy and filling, or sweet, just don't allow yourself a drink if it isn't in your plans for that day. All the best !

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

WORST Time of DAY!

Hi folks,

My hardest time is the weekends. Not a particular time but the whole weekend. I wake up early and I'm up around 7:00 am and I'm usually bored out of my head by 11am. So I used to head to one of the three liquor stores I used to pick up a 12 pack. Sunday's used to be tougher as the liquor stores don't open until noon so I'd fidget for a few hours and then make the drive of shame. I'd be one of the guys sitting outside waiting for them to open because I drank my Sunday beers on Saturday night.

That was no way to enjoy life. I'm still bored on weekends but things are getting better. I started playing my guitar again and go for long walks when it's not too cold which helps me think straight. I even started cooking my own food again. Don't have much in the way of recipes but I can make a damn good chilli.

Can't wait until the New Year when I can make new resolutions which don't have the words "never again" in them.

My Best Wishes to all.
            mike

Comment

WORST Time of DAY!

Yes it's a hard time as are social occaisons. Snacking does help.
              Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
              - George Jackson

Comment

WORST Time of DAY!

Yep...7 PM for me, too!:H If I can get to then without getting hammered I do alright. Must be something about our metabolism.
                The Harlequin -- Good for a Laugh!

Comment

WORST Time of DAY!

haha, usually if I make it to 7 pm. all is clear. otherwise I am stressing from 4pm until 6pm. Never was a morning or middle of the day drinker, unless there was an event to go to. but typical days at my house "were" from 4pm onward. once the work day was done and dinner is being prepared the sauce came out. glad not to be the only one.

almost 90 days AF and its a day by day chore.

Luv to all~
                  Ripple

SHirl.

Comment

WORST Time of DAY!

Ripple ....90 days!!! :goodjob: Well done to you ....

My time is 7pm, I did do the morning drinking for a spell but luckily that didn't last ......

Keep busy, rent a dvd, sign on here .........

BB xx
                    sigpicXXX

Comment

WORST Time of DAY!

Thanks Betty although when returning home today hubby is loaded blasting the bose. I hooked him up with a friend and sent him out. He can continue getting bombed.

Ripple~
                      Shirl.

Comment

Working...
                      X