More Thyroid questions?!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi All -- there was a recent thread about thyroid function & MOW mentioned that we need progesterone -- can anyone tell me why this is necessary?

Any insights would be appreciated.

Hi BG,

Progesterone is needed to convert T4 into T3, which is a more active form of thyroid hormone. I am sure someone else will be able to tell exactly how that is done.

xoxox,
    Pansy

Comment

Hi BG - I don't remember mentioning progesterone - I don't know about it so can't offer anything. sorry!!

I've cut out nearly all goitrogens from my diet (primarily found in cruciferous veggies and soy) and I think I'm noticing a difference. I'm also going to see a naturopath next week to hopefully get a prescription for Armour natural thyroid and replace the Levothyroxin I've been taking.
      FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

Thanks Pansy & MWO for your replies -- I am still learning about our adrenals...

Comment

I've heard about a progesterone cream that you rub into your skin. I'm not sure what it is supposed to do. Anyone know about that or tried it?
          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Working...
          X