Hotel in Clearwater Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys, the boop family are visiting florida from the UK in february, we are staying on international drive but want a couple of days in Clearwater to do Busch Gardens etc ....

Can anyone recommend a hotel? We don't want luxury as we will only be sleeping in the room ........

Many thanks in anticipation, BB xx
    sigpicXXX

Hi BB,

The Trade Winds used be nice over on the beach. I haven't been in a while though. Busch Gardens is in Tampa about an hour's drive from Clearwater. The Hampton Inn hotels are very nice non luxury hotels, the only thing they ever lack is a view but they are very nice.
    Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
    - George Jackson

Comment

Here's one we stayed in on our Honeymoon. It was pretty nice and on the beach
      Clearwater Beach Hotel
      Marcie

Comment

MyHeat is right though, Busch Gardens is in Tampa, it is 30 miles or so from this hotel when I looked on Travelocity.
        Marcie

Comment

Thanks guys, anyone have any ideas nearer to Busch Gardens????
          sigpicXXX

Comment

Betty, try their website. I see they have a page for UK visitors as well.

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay - Home

I called my Dad to see what was nice around there and he's going to check online for me. My parents live in St Petersburg, which is a few miles from there. Anyway, Sea World is very neat if you have time to make it there as well.
            Marcie

Comment

Florida Parks (floridaparks.co.uk) ? Busch Gardens

Heres a link to the UK vistior page of Busch Gardens. I didn't realize Sea World was in Orlando, but you are going to be there as well right? Check it out if you have time.
              Marcie

Comment

Marcie thanks so much, we have been to sea world before as we stay near there but we will be going there again....

Busch Gardens is the one that we have never been to and we want a hotel nearby so that we can have a full day there ..

Thanks again, I really love this place .........:l
                sigpicXXX

Comment

OH Betty - I'm so envious!! I grew up about an hour from Busch Gardens, and although I hate the state of Flordia, I always LOVED Busch Gardens!! (haven't been there in ...OMG, has it been that long? ... maybe almost 20 years??)

Anyway - don't know about hotels, but DO have a wonderful time!! And as I remember Clearwater has some nice beaches, eh?
                  FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

MOW, really wish that we could meet up with you there .........:l
                    sigpicXXX

Comment

Betty, don't make a move! We were just there (in September) and stayed at the best, best hotel. Perfect for family, reasonably priced, everything you need... we did Busch Gardens (2 days) and I can give you so much info. Just wait, I am running to get all the info. (We had a great time, as you can tell)... I'll PM you with it, as maybe not so many people here are interested...
                      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

betty boop;246152 wrote: Thanks guys, anyone have any ideas nearer to Busch Gardens????
                        There is a Hampton Inn on Bruce B Downs boulevard in Tampa that should be good. I would not stay too close to Busch Gardens because that area can be a little bit crime ridden at night, not excessively but I'm just very cautious. I live 15 minutes from Busch Gardens and that's about how far away you want to be from it at night outside its gates. Bruce B Downs will take you more into the "New Tampa" area which is very "Classic American Suburbia" I used to live there when my kids were small and I loved it for that time in my life. You will find New Tampa to be very clean and friendly with lots of restaurants.
                        - George Jackson

Comment

Someone just told me they thought the Hampton Inn on Bruce B Downs was now a Holiday Inn Express, not sure?? Both are good non luxury hotel chains though ; )
                          - George Jackson

Comment

betty boop;246175 wrote: MOW, really wish that we could meet up with you there .........:l
                            me too betty - but alas, I moved 4500 miles away 12 years ago...
                            FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

Working...
                            X