Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well, I'm sure you all have been wondering where I've been...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Vista...

I realized about five years ago that I had a serious problem. I didn't think it would balloon to what it is today, though.

I'm afraid of getting a DUI. I hear about them all the time and between the arrest; being thrown into the back of the cops car; the court appearances; the LEGAL FEES/FINES, etc... I know I would rather be dead. Job loss; nowhere to live if you can't make bail! Having to a family member and then everyone in creation knows what happened and you're the talk of the town. The embarassment and humiliation... it's just too much to take.

I have hidden the keys before and then would be pissed off the next day because I couldn't find them... yea, that led to a drink to alleviate the stress!

I thought I had thrown the keys into the ocean last night when I couldn't find them, but they were in the car.

I wish I knew what normal was. I'll be on and off today checking on everyone. Thank you, hon

Comment

DUI's are costly in so many ways, loss of driving privaleges, high court cost's and fines, not to mention jail time and community service........but for some, this is a blessing. One can move on from this.

If one drives drunk, the worst that could happen is that you harm or kill somone else. An innocent victim, a child, a mother, a father, a grandparent. How does one live with that?
      So, if anyone here is counting their blessings because they drive drunk and the cops don't seem to spot them, think again..........maybe your luck is running out.....maybe it is time to stop driving drunk or buzzed!

Have a Safe, Sane and Sober New Year Everyone!
      KateH
      A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

I'm pretty sure my luck is running out. That's why I'm glad tomorrow is a new year and I can get off this wild rollercoaster!

Comment

Shikakai~ I think you and I are hitting rock bottom together. I have an appt with phych on Wed, and I get to find out what my fate will be. Thank God, I haven't had a DUI, I've been worried about it so long that I just stay home and drink now. How sad, I've become a prisiner in my own home. I don't know how "normal" people do it, but how I long to be one of them. I have problems getting out of bed, and I'm surprised I still have a job right now, too. I've gone in two days in the last two weeks. My husband called me in with "a nervous breakdown" so they are being fairly understanding.

I am right here with you. I can feel your pain when I read your posts. It looks so familiar. Please talk to someone, and stay here with us. I dissappeared too, but it feels like coming home. I need this support, I can't find it anywhere else. Big hugs to you, I'm here for you always. It will all get better, if we work on it.
          :l
          Krystal

Comment

Thanks, Krystal... I'm here for you as well.

I'm going to see what my doctor says.

I never thought I would be another "Sue Ellen".

I'm glad your husband and your employer are supportive. Everyone is not as fortunate.

My employer doesn't even know I have a problem, but they were concerned with my absenteeism.

It's just hard to imagine a life without alcohol.

Comment

Working...
            X