Does anyone watch Dallas, the TV show?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dallas had several alcohol-related storylines.

I'm watching Season Five (I have all of Dallas up to season nine on DVD/VHS) and Ray has a raging alcohol problem due to Jock's death and his inability to "wheel and deal" and it's cost him several million dollars, while Donna, Ray's wife, career as an author is burgeoning.

Ray is jealous of Donna and begins to treat her like garbage. Ray is still responsible for running Southfork but because of his alcoholism, he is unable to. Ms. Ellie called Ray up to the main house to find out why he hasn't been paying the bills. Of course, the reason is because Ray is too busy putting away the LIQUOR, just like ME, and has fallen behind.

Ms. Ellie asked Ray how long does it take to write a check! Ha! I just finished saying the same thing on another thread. How ironic?

Anyway, some of the funniest parts on Dallas is JR's comments to Sue Ellen during their first marriage and her troubles with alcohol. In one episode, JR came into the bedroom and Sue Ellen was sitting at the vanity staring into space. JR asked her what was she thinking about... her next drink? Classic! LOL!

Feels good to be able to laugh after last night. Last night wasn't nobody laughing and I'm glad the CHP didn't show up!

I used to watch years ago!!!

I'd totally forgotten about it!!! Must get on amazon and order it ......

So glad that you are happier today S ...

BB xx
    sigpicXXX

Comment

Thanks, Betty! God knows I have no right to be happy today, but things could be a lot worse

Yes, order all of Dallas from Amazon. They even have package deals and if you can't afford to buy Dallas new, you can get a good used copy.

It would be nice to discuss the alcohol-related plots

Strange how JR was always criticizing Sue Ellen about her drinking and taunting Cliff Barnes about his father's drinking, but in almost every scene JR has a glass in his hand! LOL!

They sure loved to drink on Dallas

Comment

Working...
      X