sober new years eve!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sober new years eve!

my boyfriend and i are sitting home on new years watching the ball drop on t.v... gonna avoid the alcohol tonight! anyone else?

sober new years eve!

I'm here with my son, by choice...because I knew it would help me not drink tonight. Struggling to get in the car and go get "just" a 12-pack...not happening. So, cleaning, mopping...eating. Cheers to the first sober New Years Eve for at least 14 Years!!
    This is no longer a drinking problem...it's a matter of Life or Death!!!

Comment

sober new years eve!

Good on you guys! It's 2008 here already (1.50 am) and I haven't had a drop! Yea! Feels very good indeed!

Time for sleep! See you'all on the 'proper' Jan 1st - as in, in the morning!

Love FMS xx
      :heart: c: :heart:
      "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

sober new years eve!

yeah, its kinda hard! we're watching episodes of the "Intervention" show on A n E.. about people with addictions... just coincidentally. Hey, all the marathons are on tonight!
        =)

Comment

sober new years eve!

This was my second NYE sober - and I had a brief trip down memory lane last night - actually it smacked my right in the back of the head!

Last night I was with a bunch of friends of whom I only knew one of last year and I spent NYE with her last year too. They were all drinking, although not much, and we all had a fabulous time. We had dinner, told bad jokes, walked into the city for the fireworks and played a stupid board game. I felt happy and loved!!!

About 12:30am the flash happened and I remembered the way I felt last year - I'd been sober for only 4 weeks and it was a real stuggle - I deliberately hung out with the one person I knew didn't drink (an AA graduate), and it was hard work trying to stay cheerful. I didn't know how long I could hang on to my sobriety - things were incredibly hard.

This morning I am reflecting on the difference from last year to this year and the amazing changes that have happened BECAUSE I am sober. Externally I still have the same job, kids, house, mortgage etc etc but my life is amazing!!! I am in love with my life - it is teeming with opportunities and hope and excitment! I can't wait for this year to unfold!! Who knows what will happen?

A new love? A new job? A new body (definitely!)
          It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

sober new years eve!

I'm on day 4 AF and am sitting in sweat-pants and a t-shirt watching DVD's and enjoying a couple of Diet 7-Up soda-pops. I'll probably be fast asleep before the clock hits midnight here in the Mid-West. If I really feel like celebrating I'll maybe order a pizza. But I will not be drinking alcohol. YEAH!!! I've got a 4 day head start on my New Years Resolution to be alcohol free in 2008.

Happy New Year to all you wonderful people, may all your hopes and dreams come true in 2008!!!

Comment

sober new years eve!

I actually bought a bottle of wine tonight because I just did not think I could make it thru the evening without a glass of wine. Well, so far I have. I am still playing chaperone to the teen party in the basement and feel the need to stay sober for that. The cravings aren't so bad any more. May or may not make it thru the evening but I've got to tell you, I feel hopeful that I will love my life sober as well in 2008.

Myra

Comment

sober new years eve!

Great job to all of you. Isn't this great!!!

I am also staying at home. I was outdoors all day in the snow. I took a nice hot bath with some relaxing bath salts and will probably just snooze off before midnight. I feel so great, why would I want to ruin it with alcohol?

I was also remembering one year ago. Although I was AF, I was struggling with it and I hadn't found MWO yet. My only real support was my therapist and occasional AA meetings which I really hated but I didn't know what else to do. I felt very very alone with my problem and didn't think I would succeed for very long.

Now I've been here 9 or 10 months and I have a zillion wonderful friends, I never feel alone with my problem, I feel totally confident that I can handle the future, and I am content with my sobriety. All because of you guys.

This is going to be a great year. Thanks to all of you.
                Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

sober new years eve!

good job to all of you guys.. very hopeful and inspiring threads! this was one hard holiday to stay sober ill tell ya that much. ( i avoided going out)

Comment

sober new years eve!

Congrats to you all... I know it wasn't easy.

Thanks to you too, Keene, for your advice yesterday.

Man, 2008 is here!

Comment

sober new years eve!

Yay to all of you!

I too did AF New Year's eve - dinner with friends and lots of wine but I really was just fine with the sparkly water. Did the same thing last year but with wine and got all mushy around midnight. This year, I was cool. Got a couple of days visiting family which could be tricky as they are all in the hospitality industry but none are heavy drinkers so I won't be pressured into having a drink.

See you later in the new year. Should have 3 days racked up by the next time I post. Permission to shout at me (or tut and look disappointed!!) if I don't!

Happy new year to all.

Bessie xx

Comment

sober new years eve!

Well, I am proud to say that I made it too!! Sober at midnight whilst friends and hubby totally plastered - all feeling sorry for themselves this morning and I am bright and breezy and looking forward to my last day off work before starting back with a fresh, new outlook! Thanks to all of you, Bessie especially, I feel brand new and hopeful! Best wishes to everyone for a better 2008.

Comment

sober new years eve!

How great everyone sounds!!

I stayed sober, too, and enjoyed my evening.

We crashed into bed about 11:30 or so. :H

Had fun with the fireworks, though.

Really looking forward to a sober 2008.

Love to all,
                          Cindi
                          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

sober new years eve!

Went to my friend's house for chinese food. was home by 8pm. Got into bed, read, then listened to a cd, went to sleep. She called at 11:00 drunk and woke me up. Told me I drink too much. haven't had one in 6 days!. Looking forward to 2008.

Congrats to all who stayed af last night!

Comment

sober new years eve!

Suki411;248048 wrote: She called at 11:00 drunk and woke me up. Told me I drink too much. haven't had one in 6 days!.
                              That's funny!

Have a great 2008 Everyone!
                              Marcie

Comment

Working...
                              X