sober new years eve!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sober new years eve!

It is so exciting to see so many folks here making the commitment or recommiting themselves to becoming or remaing AF in 2008.

Its hard work and you should all be very proud of yourselves!! Just keep going and keep coming to MWO, there is tremendous support and advice here.

Love and Peace
    Rob

Comment

sober new years eve!

I was right there with you...my first sober new years for as long as i can remember...got a little sad but i had help and support here...im now on day 2 AF. I cant quite believe that i have no hangover on new years day.

Feels so good though..iv done nothing to embarass myself and i feel good

Lou-Lou x x
      "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

sober new years eve!

Another sober newbie!

I didn't post last night but was reading this thread and it inspired me not to drink. I have a cold and stayed home to watch the tube, but in the past a cold would not have stopped me. I am doing mods but it felt great to wake up and not feel like crap! Thanks for the inspiration everyone. Happy 2008!

Comment

sober new years eve!

I too, spent last night AF!!

Thanks to the advice of a few folks on this board, I ordered a pizza (to indulge) and hit the hay at 9:00 p.m. (to alleviate the boredom).

Cats woke me up during the fireworks, but that was it.

Thanks, and Happy New Year to all!!

9Lives

Comment

sober new years eve!

yeah, Lou, the "did nothing to embarass" is the best for me.. thank goodness.. suki how did your friend call you and tell you you drink to much ?

Comment

sober new years eve!

Congrats to all of you

Boy, New Year's Eve can be a killer, but look how well you've all done! So happy for each of you and your accomplishments.

(I Tivo'd and watched the Intervention marathon, as well...I am absolutely hooked on that show!)

Keep up the good work, everyone. What an excellent way to start the year!

RJ
              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Help keep our forum strong--make a contribution to My Way Out. Or show your support by becoming a Subscriber and enjoy enhanced features, as well!

Comment

sober new years eve!

Count me in!

Comment

sober new years eve!

I did it too.... and it feels SO good today! We were planning to stay home by ourselves last night and just watch movies and cook, but some friends of ours threw together a very informal get together so we wound up doing that. They are not big drinkers, so I felt it would be better to be there than stay at home where I could do whatever I wanted. It was just six couples and although they had a few bottles of wine opened, I noticed that only two of the six were drinking and my husband was only drinking Coke, so I decided "what the heck!" I'm going to enjoy not drinking on a night like this that should be difficult. We sat outside by a bonfire while our kids all played freeze tag and then we watched the fireworks from the pier. I noticed when we left, that the same two bottles of wine that had been opened each only looked as if one glass had been poured from each. I took a bottle of champagne over and we never even opened it and I just left it there. I felt tempted a few times as it would have been so easy to walk in the kitchen there and pour a glass of wine, but I needed to do this for me. And it feels good!

Hubby will be glued to the Florida - Michigan game today, so I think I'm going to go see a movie by myself... probably that Denzel Washington one that's out. I've heard its great.

Happy New Year to everyone!
                  P4T
                  If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

sober new years eve!

It's nice to read how many of us stayed sober last night. Knowing that we are all in this together is really inspiring. Let's keep it up! I went over to my sister in-law's house last night. Without me ever saying I quit drinking 6 months ago, some how the news got out. Although I don't drink anymore, I make it an effort to still socialize with my family and friends, all of which are partiers...none of which get drunk like me. I'm assuming that my family and friends have seen a sober me for some time now and have figured it out on their own that I don't drink. No longer am I being offered cocktails. I'm glad to be able to go through these holiday functions without the pressure of having to answer why I don't drink anymore. I'm assuming the writing is on the wall. My family/friends have seen a drunk me and now a sober me. They seem to accept that I'm no longer drinking. This is encouraging as I know I don't want to disappoint myself by picking up a drink, let alone let anyone else see me pick up a drink. If this were to happen, it would be the talk of my social group. Each day it's getting easier and easier to remain sober. I too am grateful for now waking up hungover. I'm sure this day last year I was dying with a headache, shakes and guilt.
                    September 23, 2011

Comment

sober new years eve!

Feeling like a million dollars

Congratulations to all you other AF?s, this too was my first X-Mas and New Year AF and I feel like a million dollars and the best part is it wasn?t hard to do at all.
                      :goodjob:

Comment

sober new years eve!

This is my 4th day AF! While reading this thread I realized the last time I was sober on New Years Eve was twelve years ago! Next New Years Eve I look forward to saying that I have been sober for 369 days. But I jump ahead...one day at a time...Congrats to all..WE CAN DO THIS!
                        "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

Working...
                        X