2008 Here We Go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2008 Here We Go

Good Morning all and a Happy New Year to everyone new and old.
    I have been posting on this site for about 4 months now and have had varying degrees of success. I am on naltrexone and am finding this good and a help. Maybe more in my head but I don't care.
    My biggest problem is staying AF. The most I have done consecutively is 5 days. I can't seem to get my head around Friday/Saturday. I have also had a lot of trouble over xmas and new year. I have been drinking every day since xmas eve, but haven't got drunk, still more than I wanted to drink though.
    So I am going to start the New Year off and do 30 days AF and then take it from there. I am excited about this and going to give it my best shot. From what I have read here it seems that you have to get the 30 days under your belt first and then decide where you are heading.
    My gut feeling is I will have to be AF forever??? When I have 1, I always want another, and really don't know when to stop. Hubby hates me when I drink, but then I have to do this for me and not for him. BUT we will just get through 30 days 1st!!!!
    I would like someone who sounds like me to be my buddy through the 30 days, so hope there is someone out there who wants to hang out with me!!!!
    Back to work today for a while. Oh well, we have had the worst weather over the break so may as well be there.
    Hope this finds you all well and sober
    xxxx

2008 Here We Go

Debruce, hi, happy new year.... 5 days AF that's great. You know you can do AF, it's a starting block,, something to aim for, and better.... This time of year seems the best time for me to cut back, don't know if it's the same for everyone else. I'm hoping to do AF January, and same for me weekends are worst.... It's great you want to do this for yourself and not your hubby... Well done!!
    Hope the weather improves!!
    TIGGER1 :l

Formerly Mr Boop

Comment

2008 Here We Go

Hi Debruce - I'm about the same as you. I've had much progress here, but still can't get past 4-8 days AF.
      Today I begin a long trek though.
      There are several folks all over the forums who have expressed wanting to buddy up for 30 days in January. I'm hopping in with those iin the 30 Abs forum.
      Good luck!
      FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

2008 Here We Go

Hi debruce,

Happy New Year to you too. I joined in the middle of November 2007, and have had 7 AF Days but not it a row. December I did better with 10 AF days, but just like you, when the weekend came, that was it. Always back to Day One. I'm a nightly wine drinker, and it is very difficult to give up. I think I'll jump on the band wagon with the others like MyOwnWomen had mentioned. Hope to see you there too :goodluck:
        Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

Working...
        X