Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2008.... I havent had a drink this year!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still not a drop in 08. Woo hoo! Day 3 and counting...

Comment

af still! day16
      "From now on, walking is my beer and feeling good is my hangover" .....Homer Simpson

Comment

Well done Max - and everyone else who has made it this far into 2008 AF!

Keep on rockin' guys and gals - the farther you go, the easier it gets.

Here is to an AF 2008!

Satori

(coming up fast on 6 months AF! )
        "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Maxman, Mountainmama, Suzanna, Anthony, Lou, Teardrop, Runner, and Kat2 - I'm with you. This is day 2 for me. I would love to go all year AF but think that a "babystep" thinking approach will be an easier goal. So I'm going for 30 days AF. Thanks for your support Satori and Innerstrength!

Comment

abelltoday;248784 wrote: So I'm taking a break, two chocolates, and coming here for reinforcements. Thanks guys.
            Abel - I LOVE that!!! Well done! Definitely my slogan...."When in doubt eat two chocolates!!" (OK, one day it might be a lettuce leaf but not yet!)

Love to all - and way to go Maxman! I hope your thread lives long and happy!
            FMS xx
            :heart: c: :heart:
            "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Maxman - thanks so much for starting this thread - you are doing absolutely great! I am striving for a year AF myself, but actually only have a few days in. But I will keep going - it gets easier all the time.
              The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

Day 4 for me.
                In life we can live out our dreams its true
                the one who decides,takes chances,makes choices is YOU.

Comment

Glad to be in the 'NO BOOZE IN 2008 CLUB'
                  It is totally free to join, just lets keep the membership numbers up.

Over 1 month AF, and thats how I like it.
                  It isn't always easy, especially this time of year, when the whole media seems to be saying 'Take a drink' but new year resolutions are for our good.
                  I have not failed 1000 times. I have successfully found 1000 ways that do not work.

Comment

Day2

for me.

Hiya everyone,
                    Roz good to see you around. Pigeon steps for me at the moment
                    family is everything to me

Comment

Yeah! Still AF in 2008. Another Friday night and I'm content with my sparkling water.

Comment

Good Job All!!

You guys rock! If someone told me a couple of weeks ago that I'd be AF for 9 days, I would have told them it was wishful thinking. Something led me to this site Dec 27th and I have been grateful for everyday I have with you awesome people. It does get easier every day. I promise.

I'm so glad we are there for each other. Thank you.
                        Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Day 9 AF and feeling great. I figure I've already saved around $120 by not drinking.

Comment

hello and yes let's see what day is today i'm 8 days af today. and feeling just groovy. nice thread max man and congrats on sober daddy.
                            :welcome:

Comment

I too am finally looking at the finances. I couldn't face the reality of what I was actually spending on beer and wine in my blurred state. Now, as I try to get organized, I really know that I can not afford to purchase the drink. I couldn't afford it two months ago either but somehow when it takes over your life it doesn't seem to matter. Day 9 AF completed. whoo hoo!!
                              sigpic

Comment

still going strong day 19 now! all good , luv ya boots!
                                "From now on, walking is my beer and feeling good is my hangover" .....Homer Simpson

Comment

Working...
                                X