Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2008.... I havent had a drink this year!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow Max! You are my idol!! I dropped out of the AF so far in 2008 contest several days back. You are a great inspiration to those of us just starting down this road.

:goodjob:

9Lives

Comment

9lives, this is not a contest. It is not a race. It is not a competition. We are all just trying to find our own way out with a little help from friends. Please feel welcome to join us under any circumstances. There a lot of bumps in this road and sometimes the signs are hard to read.
      sigpic

Comment

Max,

I am so extremely happy for you!! I know you have struggled so hard, just like me and so many others.

It is wonderfully uplifting to hear you are doing so well.

Take care, hope the new career position is good to you and your new found sobriety will help.

I imagine your wife and chilren are much happier with sober daddy than drunk daddy. Think how priceless that is!!

Big :l :l

Love,
        Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Starting again!

MAX, WELL DONE 19DAYS, I'M SO DETEMINED NOW! NO MORE MESSING ABOUT FOR ME.
          (watch this space)
          family is everything to me

Comment

Max,

I too am on day 19 so lets keep up the good work!

Twit:H

Comment

Still AF in 2008, day 11 for me. Keep up the good work everyone. For those who have slipped, keep in mind it's a leap year so allow yourself one slip up and get back on the wagon!

Comment

gday! still going well, anthony that is a great idea, anyway anyone can post here whether they have slipped or not, It is all about egging each other on to remain af. As mentioned before it isnt a comp, everyone is here for their own reasons and have their own goals so as long a s we are helping each other achieve this it is a job well done. day 20 btw I passed my record about 5 days ago, starting to freak out a bit!
                "From now on, walking is my beer and feeling good is my hangover" .....Homer Simpson

Comment

2Days AF for me!

max forget about freaking out , hang in there, you can do this. Anthony66 thanks for letting us know its a leap year!
                  family is everything to me

Comment

Morning all,
                    Day 8 for me today. Feeling Great, (like the rhyme)!!!!!
                    Have a good one
                    Deb
                    xxx

Comment

Today is my 14th AF day. I don't have physical cravings but psychological. I keep thinking about going out to dinner and having a drink, of course. I think about buying a bottle of red wine and having a glass just to enjoy the taste. Am I crazy? I know that that first sip, glass, bottle will not be the last. I am struggling today, just when I thought the struggle was over. Time for chocolate!
                      sigpic

Comment

Wow!!! Way to go max!!!! So glad I read this - great inspiration.
                        Best,
                        wonder xx

Comment

2 weeks today - AF!! Thanks to everyone here on MWO. It's the only thing that has ever worked for me. And I have not purchased supps or the book. Just reading words of wisdom from you great people. Thank you, thank you!!

Good luck all. You can do it!! :h
                          Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Bellatoday,
                            I can so totally relate to what you are saying. Today is my 8th day AF and I keep imagining going out for tea with a glass of red beside me. Then I rationalise and say 1 won't hurt and my hubby will be watching me, so that is all I can have, so whats the problem. I hope this gets easier and goes away.
                            xx

Comment

Max,

I have just read today's last post from you and I am so totally amazed and awed.

You are past your last best.

How freaking awesome is that???

Please, keep it up. You are doing so well and your children really need a non-drunk daddy to be around. Okay?

:l :l :l

Because I am female and have to send hugs.

Hang in there, my man, you are doing awesome.

Love,
                              Cindi
                              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

It's easy to idealize wine or liquor. I still can have a vision of a dewy chardonnay or a crisp shiraz. Luckily, right beside it, I now have a vision of where I would be in two or three weeks drinking a bottle or two of them a night, feeling like crap, gaining weight again, and losing my motivation. After quite a few falls down the rabbit hole, I finally learned that I can't safely drink. Maybe in my next life.....

I'm proud of all of you for your successes so far. Try to remember that cravings will pass, REALLY. If it gets too hard, see your doc about meds. I've been on a maintenance dose of topamax for months now.

I'll be 7 months sober on Saturday, and I'm so proud of myself. I feel like such a weight has been lifted off my back. I'd love for you to get to experience the feeling! So com'on! You can do it! All you have to do is not drink for one day, and then not drink for another, then another. Don't think too far ahead. That's freak out time. Just One Day at a Time.

All the Best,:l

Kathy
                                AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X