Saying Thank you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saying Thank you

OUTSTANDING IDEA ... WATCH THIS SHORT FILM & THEN PASS IT ON!!!
    Click here: The Gratitude Campaign

:h Nancy
    Marine Mom

"Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Saying Thank you

Thank you Nancy, that is lovely, bought a tear to my eye ............

BTW if you have any photos of your son in uniform we could use them for our calender .......
    sigpicXXX

Comment

Saying Thank you

Nancy,

Watched it, will practice it and sending it on.

:h
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Saying Thank you

My mother sent this link to me. She sends things to the troops. Service to one's country is admirable!

Comment

Saying Thank you

Thanks Nancy.:h

very nice.
          The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Saying Thank you

Great post, Nancy.... I retired from the U.S. Navy after serving 20 years and I can tell you it always meant a lot to me when someone would thank me for serving. It's not something we expect, it always catches us off guard, but it is always appreciated.

There is a friend of mine who is in her 70's, I see her only a couple times a year, but she calls me every Veterans Day just to say " Thank You for serving".....always makes my day.

Comment

Saying Thank you

Wow Chief. How nice is that? Way cool! I thank you too!

Comment

Saying Thank you

CHIEF......THANK YOU SAILOR!

Comment

Saying Thank you

Thanks Nancy...will definitly be passing this on x

Lou-Lou x x
                  "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

Saying Thank you

Betty.....hummmmm
                    He IS quite a handsome guy!
                    I'm not sure his new little wife would like that!
                    Love ya,
                    Nancy

Comment

Saying Thank you

Chief;248814 wrote: Great post, Nancy.... I retired from the U.S. Navy after serving 20 years and I can tell you it always meant a lot to me when someone would thank me for serving. It's not something we expect, it always catches us off guard, but it is always appreciated.

There is a friend of mine who is in her 70's, I see her only a couple times a year, but she calls me every Veterans Day just to say " Thank You for serving".....always makes my day.
                      Don, Thank you :h :h :h :h
                      sigpicXXX

Comment

Saying Thank you

Nancy....beautiful film.

May God bless your son and all the serving troops and keep them safe always.

I thank them.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Saying Thank you

Nancy, came home from work, in a very grumpy mood. I checked in to MRO and saw your thread. I am grateful to you for posting. I am grateful to your son. I am grateful that your son and the rest of the troops are there protecting us. Thank you, it will go to everyone in my email address book.

And Chief, thank you too, my best friend's daughter was a MP and just got out of the Navy after spending quite a bit of time in the Middle East.

My uncle was Navy, landing on Normandy in a LST (think that's right), my dad was a MASH surgeon who heard that my uncle's boat was blown up upon landing. He grabbed an mp's motorcycle. drove 2 days to walk the beach, looking for his body. Luckily, he was ok.

I treasure his photo album, his uniform, his purple heart, his letters to my mom and his journal. Reminds me that we are so blessed to have people like you, Nancy's son, and the other generations, who served and sacrificed so that we can have the freedom we have.

Thank you Nancy and Don.

Comment

Saying Thank you

Wow...
                            And thank you Suki.........

Comment

Saying Thank you

Thank You, Suki....it was a pleasure serving our country. If I had it to do all over again, I would change nothing.

I met my wife in the Navy. She, too, served 20 years and retired 3 years after I did. Her dad also served 20 years in the Navy. My dad served in the Navy during WWII and was a member of the very first CB Unit (Construction Battalion) , following the Marines in on the attack of Iwo Jima, so they could immediately build a runway for our planes to land to deliver much needed supplies.

Sometimes my wife and I will be out and will hear someone complaining about our country, our government, our president.....and we just look at eachother and smile.

The reason we can complain in public about these things and say whatever we want is because we have a strong military that is protecting our freedom 24 hours a day. In some countries, if you badmouth the government or it's policies, you just disappear, never to be heard from again...

Don

Comment

Working...
                              X