Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do I take Supps when drinking!!!!

Hi

For any one just starting or experenced could you tell me do you still take the supps and in my case topamax when you just know you are going to drink. I am trying to moderate but finding Friday and saturday night really difficult at the moment tonight (English time) I have come home and already I know I am not going to make it but do I take the supps or as money is tight leave it until sunday?
    Sandie
    X

I'm no expert at all, but I think taking at least the vitamin supps, like Amino Acids, can help your body even if still drinking. anyone else? yes, I know they're expensive!
    PS Sandie, also joined around same time as you and still struggling like hell!!
    :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Definitely take the supps. Your body needs them all the more when you drink because you are not absorbing nutrition as well. They will also help you to feel better the next day and not least, if you feel better, it may keep you from drinking more. Take lots of supps and think about how much money you are wasting by drinking because your body needs so much more supps when you drink =-)
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

p.s. You especially need B vitamins and milk thistle when you drink.

Also, amino acids, especially l-glutamine, help you limit your drinking by decreasing your desire... good to take before drinking and on an empty stomach (not good to drink on an empty stomach though, as I suppose you know!)
        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

the supplements, L-glutamine, etc. are essential before going drinking or beginning drinking.
          food is also a good idea, having a meal before drinking can make a big difference between getting stupid drunk or just happy and ready to say no at the right time.

Trix
          You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

thanks

Thats a help it is harder than I thought, I seem to keep ordering more supps and cds hopeing, but I really know it is up to me.

I reasently watched a program on the telly which highlighted binge drinking I was left thinking maybe I am not that bad and what i have read on here it would seem not too many are either!! but!! we must be or we wouldnt be here, I am very confused I dont drink bottles of whisky I dont get up in the morning wanting drink I just love a bottle of wine in the evening and maybe sometimes a little more. I know this is too much but WHAT IS TOO MUCH?

love

Sandie
            Sandie
            X

Comment

no good answer ... don't know what is too much!!! but is it messing up your life in any way? I don't drink in the mornings, drink only wine and only at night ... but a LOT, and it is ruining my life .... money down the drain, it's made me fat, i'm afraid of its longterm effects, I'm sluggish and can't get anything done, can't read or concentrate when drinking, often can't remember. It's made me ashamed. It depends on how much of a negative effect on your life it's having, and whether you think it could be escalating. For me, I feel it is holding me hostage, and that's how I know it's a problem ... lots of others here will have much more advice.
              :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Yes good one dexterhead, the main thing I want is to have a clear head at work to be able to hold my own in conversation and be a good and patience mum all off which is not possible with a foggy head. How did you get on over Xmas etc
                Sandie
                X

Comment

I agree with the others here...that is the reason for the supps/meds (although supps are always good for you I am mods...and take both the supps and topa..so far so good. Wish u the best of luck...keep us posted :l

Comment

Working...
                  X