what do you say at social events..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It gets easier as time goes by. Since I've stopped drinking over six months ago, I lost weight, so now I just say, "No, I want to keep these pounds off, and not drinking is the only way to do it." If you're thin, you can just use the antibiotics excuse or the headaches excuse or any excuse. More and more people are not drinking or drinking very mildly at parties and won't press you if you don't want to drink. Perhaps your not drinking is making your friends uncomfortable about their own drinking? Perhaps they are worried about losing a drinking buddy?

It's not easy at first, but you can do it. I didn't do anything very social for the first two months, and it was lonely, but I managed. It got easier after a while.

Incidently, I don't think that having a cold O'Doul's is a bad idea for whoever wrote that. Whatever works to keep you sober!

Hugs,:l

Kathy

AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Emily,

With that avatar I think you should just say...."I'd rather be sober for the hot sex I'm going to have when I get home"

Myheart
      Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
      - George Jackson

Comment

Hey, Tree! Congratulations on staying AF, at the party! You are doing so great!! I am so happy for you!

Hugs!
        KateH
        A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

hey, well done treeman, I was thinking of you that day, imagining your party in my head. well done again,

I thought this avatar appropriate my heart is drenched in wine (love that name) because I teach dance and i do have some sexy moves, although at the moment I prefer the dance to the hot sex, I'm a bit of a fridge at the moment, hehehehehe, need thawed out, my husband calls me Zanussi, lol (only kiddin, he doesn't really, well not to my face)
          Honour Thyself

Comment

I once stopped drinking for 2 years and began again when a 'friend' talked me into it.

These days i dont make an excuse why I am not drinking I simply dont go to the party in the beginning.

I just do not enjoy social occasions when everyone is drinking minus me.

Comment

Working...
            X