Women for Sobriety - any experience?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just wondering if anyone knows anything about this group. They have a weekly meeting in my city. thanks for input!!
    :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Yes i know it

I joined women for sobriety a long time ago.. after reading the rules i decided it was not for me.. It looks like a great healing tool for some but i didnt like that you werent allowed to post anything if you'd been drinking at all.. the rules just went on and on and on.. Maybe its me.. maybe i have a problem with "the rules".. Anyway, i think WFS is powered by msn..I actually now someone who has been sober more than 2 years now and she used WFS so im certainly not going to judge the program.. I just seem to be getting alot more out of MWO.. Everyone is different

Hope this helps
    :new:

Comment

thanks Marli .. definitely going to stick with MWO but thought maybe one (physical) meeting a week might help me... just seeking any and all feedback!

Comment

Very funny that this is the first thread I read here today.
        I joined WFS about 10 days ago and have not been coming here since then as much, I occasionally check quickly the new posts every 3 or 4 days.

I love the program because its an actual program with statements/affirmations to apply to your life which help you to stay sober, there are message boards and a chat room where people actually stay on a topic of living sober and its all specific to women, because its an all women group. MWO is a great place to post and get questions and answers, but other than the nutritional/supplements aspects, its not really a "program" per se.

I personally have loved it, you should definately check it out......................
        AF since 7/5/2009

Comment

I haven't experienced myself, but I think that "in-person-local" support is always a good thing. I wish I had an alternative to AA, so I think it a good idea to check it out - nothing to lose, right??

Keep us informed!

Namaste,

MM
          Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

I haven't been to any meetings, but I've been on their website. I like the affirmations that were posted, but I twisted them a little and put them in my own words. Some of the affirmations seemed to be too passive, so I changed them to:
            1. I have a life threatening problem that once had me.

2. I am what I think.

3. I take charge of myself and accept the responsibility to get better. Life can be ordinary or it can be great.

4. Love can change the course of my world.

5. The object of life is emotional and spiritual growth.

6. The past is gone forever, so stop whining!

7. All love shared is returned.

8. Enthusiasm is my daily exercise.

9. I am a competent, caring, compassionate and courageous woman . I have much to give back to my family.

10. I put my life into order everyday, knowing my priorities.

Patty
            Tampa, FL

Comment

Well done!!! I like them!

Comment

Patty,

I like the "changes" you have made.

Good on you!!

Cindi
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Love the changes!!! I am going to print them off! Very cool!

Comment

I like the abbrevated version too, Patty. Well done.
                    I keep the affirmations beside my bed and read them daily. I found the Women for Sobriety books excellent and inspiring. They helped me enormously in the early days.
                    Jane :heart:

Comment

I like the daily affirmations too. I have visted their website often and have found a lot of inspirational posts and stories there. Haven't been there in awhile, thanks for reminding me of the existence of WFS.

A F2F meeting might just be the extra that you need to help yourself, I say give it a try and see if you benefit from it. Nothing to lose!
                      Be of good cheer. Do not think of today's failures, but of the success that may come tomorrow. You have set yourselves a difficult task, but you will succeed if you persevere; and you will find joy in overcoming obstacles (Helen Keller)

Comment

I agree with everyone here. I have looked through their website thoroughly. Like marli, I was put off by the rules. (nice changes there patty!). But if you feel you need a physical meeting then I would think that would be a great alternative to AA.
                        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Thanks to all of you! I am going to look at their material and get myself to a meeting, if they still do meet here. F2F would be good for me ...

Comment

I went to it for awhile but didnt like posting there because it seemed I always got some negative responses or no response at all. They had some good stuff going on though like you could get a pen pal and they had a scheduled chat meeting twice a day and some good books. I think the in person meeting would be great and very different from AA....I thought it was unreasonable for them to expect you only to post sober and it being a site for alcoholics.hmmm....bird

Comment

bird;250850 wrote: ....I thought it was unreasonable for them to expect you only to post sober and it being a site for alcoholics.hmmm....bird
                              Kind of like a church for "saints only", no sinners welcome

I'm too much of a "badass" for that group unfortunately
                              Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
                              - George Jackson

Comment

Working...
                              X